Geist as VST in Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dosa1

Geist as VST in Ableton

Post by dosa1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 pm

new here / not new with Live8.

i just got Geist since i am not very happy with the drumracks in Live8. i am running Geist as VST in Live8.
so fare i like Geist and the possibilities to build a beat. but as fare i figured it out i can not trigger pads of engines other than 1. i also can not start whole patterns and scenes with midi notes from Live8. in the Geist manual they map exactly in which midi channel i have to send. but i have no clue, where i can choose the midi channel in Live8.

i started to set up different tracks each with Geist having just one engine armed. but i doubt that this the most easiest and elegant way to use Geist in Live8.
i would be happy to get any recomendations.

thx a lot

dosa1

Peevy

Re: Geist as VST in Ableton

Post by Peevy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

The Engines in Geist are assigned to different midi channels so if you wanna trigger engine 2 all you do is create another midi track & route the midi output of it to the track with Geist & select midi channel 2. So if your using all 8 engines you'd have to have 8 separate midi tracks routed to Geist, mdi channel 1 to 8.

If you wanna use midi clips to play patterns within Geist you have make sure the playmode at the top of the pattern window of Geist is set to Gated &/or Restart. The pattern midi notes for Geist start at C -1

Image Image Image Image

dosa1

Post by dosa1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

@peevy: thanx a lot.
i have now Geist running on one track and send the midi for each engine from a single track.
and for breaks i can trigger a whole scene.
thats great and makes sense.

thanks for reply and advise

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:31 pm

No Prob, glad you got it sorted.
Image Image Image Image