FIsto knows what he does :)))

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
fisto
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by fisto » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 pm

haha, just very happy about my decision to make Reaper my main DAW and use Live as Layout and Scratchpad and for gigs of course. No more hassle with missing workflow stuff,stable and just amazing, my enviorenment how I want it to work and just wooooooooo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW: Reaper 4 came out yesterday and TODAY Reaper 4.01 was here, haha, that's how it's done Abes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now come and start bashing guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

enhung24
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by enhung24 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:44 am

fisto wrote:haha, just very happy about my decision to make Reaper my main DAW and use Live as Layout and Scratchpad and for gigs of course. No more hassle with missing workflow stuff,stable and just amazing, my enviorenment how I want it to work and just wooooooooo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW: Reaper 4 came out yesterday and TODAY Reaper 4.01 was here, haha, that's how it's done Abes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now come and start bashing guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is the MIDI atmosphere like in reaper? Is it easy to use?

agent314
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by agent314 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 am

Glad you like it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What do you like more than Live :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: 8) 8) 8) 8O :o :o :o :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :( :( :( :) :) :) :oops:

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by 3dot... » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 am

if y'all want to mix in 'surround'...
60$ reaper+'reroute just gave you a great way to do it

reaper is awesome... it puts other "traditional" daws to shame
Image

hacktheplanet
Posts: 2846
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:37 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:27 am

hey i'm really glad that fisto knows!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea:
fisto what you do!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image

packetsniffer
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by packetsniffer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

Reaper 4 has been quite a journey - its been really interesting to follow its development, help debug etc.

I've been focussing trying to write more "traditional" songs - recording my guitar and using the Abbey Road drums in Kontakt.

I've tried this in both Reaper and Live - and I get FAR better performance out of Reaper. No matter what I do to my buffer settings in Live, I can't get the right balance between latency and performance.

I'm noticing that Live uses approximately double the amount of CPU than Reaper does when running a large Kontakt instrument and three Guitar Rigs.

Of course, Live wins hands-down for creative sound mangling - but Reaper is the perfect alternative when you need low-latency tracking or complex mixing (Or a 64bit environment :twisted: ).

Every Live user should buy a Reaper license IMHO!

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by dazzer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 am

" I got shills, they're multiplying".

fisto
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by fisto » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 am

scutheotaku wrote:
But anyways, didn't you switch to Reaper a long time ago?
mixing in it since v3 and main DAW since R4 ALPHA 40 :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:
I know it's not for everyone in the beginning but when you get into it all other DAWs seem like child-games, really and one asks himself "how could I live without it so long?"

@ehnung24: MIDI is really improved in v4: multiple MIDI items in one Editor (switchable), snap to chords & scales, Inline-Editor....
What I love the most is the automation handling, hold ALT and drag a line to a bezzier curve, select time and move the segment up, down, left, right,
Drag&Drop-Routing: Drag the routing-button to an FX and the channel gets routed to the FX onto new track-channels.
Sidechain Everything
Put FX-parameters onto the TCP/Mixer....

3dot & packetsniffer: you're just right, everyone should get a Reaper License just to have one :mrgreen:

Too much I love about it and wanted to share :D

packetsniffer
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by packetsniffer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am

dazzer wrote:" I got shills, they're multiplying".
Shills.... hmmmm.... Or just people who like a particular piece of software and want to recommend it to others. Reaper solves a problem for me. I learned a huge amount from forums, so when I find a trick, a solution or a piece of software that has benefitted me, I tend to share it. Maybe that's frowned on in the Live forum these days? Maybe the only purpose of the live forum is to bitch about the Live 9 release date?

If you don't like Reaper/have no use for it, that's fine with me. But that doesn't make me a shill.

EDIT - ah - looking at your posts, I see you like to jump in with something unconstructive every time Reaper is mentioned.... apologies - didn't realize it was a hobby of yours. Carry on.

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by dazzer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 am

packetsniffer wrote:
EDIT - ah - looking at your posts, I see you like to jump in with something unconstructive every time Reaper is mentioned.... apologies - didn't realize it was a hobby of yours. Carry on.
Looking at my posts? OK, lets look at posts:

dazzer: 4 'Reaper reaction' posts out of 800 posts (and none of my posts are moaning about Live 9 either)
fisto: about 25% of posts on here are about Reaper
you: 100% of your posts on a Reaper thread


So....your point about my posts history was...?

Anyway, welcome to the forum and feel free to post your thoughts about Reaper here, I look forward to reading them.

FWIW the shill comment was more directed to my old buddy fisto, as as soon as R4 was announced I knew we'd get a bit of action on here. Tongue in cheek and no need to get worked up about it, it's up to Abes to decide what can or cannot be posted on here, not me. I've got no problem with any other DAW at all, just makes me laugh how only one DAW in particular seems to have a bit of a rep for people shilling for it on forums. You're not a shill? - then accept my apologies.

sporkles
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by sporkles » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 am

Image

Fisto would know! :D :D :D :D :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :lol: :arrow: :| :P

packetsniffer
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by packetsniffer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:13 pm

dazzer wrote:
packetsniffer wrote:
EDIT - ah - looking at your posts, I see you like to jump in with something unconstructive every time Reaper is mentioned.... apologies - didn't realize it was a hobby of yours. Carry on.
Looking at my posts? OK, lets look at posts:

dazzer: 4 'Reaper reaction' posts out of 800 posts (and none of my posts are moaning about Live 9 either)
fisto: about 25% of posts on here are about Reaper
you: 100% of your posts on a Reaper thread


So....your point about my posts history was...?

Anyway, welcome to the forum and feel free to post your thoughts about Reaper here, I look forward to reading them.

FWIW the shill comment was more directed to my old buddy fisto, as as soon as R4 was announced I knew we'd get a bit of action on here. Tongue in cheek and no need to get worked up about it, it's up to Abes to decide what can or cannot be posted on here, not me. I've got no problem with any other DAW at all, just makes me laugh how only one DAW in particular seems to have a bit of a rep for people shilling for it on forums. You're not a shill? - then accept my apologies.
Ah - I see. You were just trolling.

I've been on this forum for ages under a different name. I thought I'd re-join the forum to share how Reaper helps me make music - my point still stands. Unlike the usual fanboys, I highlighted a specific practical benefit of using Reaper, rather than just saying "its better and you're wrong". Because that would be bullshit. The reason people talk up Reaper is a) its good; b) its very community-driven c) its cheap

fisto
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by fisto » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

as Packetsniffer said, no wonder the people talk about it, it's a great program and complements Live very well.
The trick is to use the right tools when you need them, you don't do everything with one tool.

Now I like Live again much much more than before, because it does the things for what it's made very well and I don't have to abuse and try to mix in it (see PDC for example). And for advanced stuff and mixing and things I have reaper.

And I see no reason why we should not talk about it. This forum is about Music Production and Reaper is a Music Production tool.

And what is with the countless NI / Massive / Maschine / Komplete Threads?? There are far more of them here than about Reaper.

nuxnamon
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: 650 area

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:01 pm

sporkles wrote:Image

Fisto would know! :D :D :D :D :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :lol: :arrow: :| :P
holy crap!! totally forgot about him!

timothyallan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: FIsto knows what he does :)))

Post by timothyallan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:39 am

nuxnamon wrote:
sporkles wrote:Image

Fisto would know! :D :D :D :D :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :lol: :arrow: :| :P
holy crap!! totally forgot about him!
This is the awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I wish I could :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: get him on my monitor to mix with :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:



:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post Reply