How to 'favourite' presets in Ableton Browser?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Citizen

How to 'favourite' presets in Ableton Browser?

Post by Citizen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Say I create, or simply find a nice Operator/Analog/whatever preset - is there a way of 'favouriting' it, so that I can find it easily later?

Or should I simply just save and rename another instance of it in the Browser? Or perhaps have a new folder with the instrument called 'Citizen's Favourites?

Just curious as to how others manage this? Is there a best way?

UnCL0NED

Re: How to 'favourite' presets in Ableton Browser?

Post by UnCL0NED » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm

... A favourite system is high on my Ableton Live wishlist. Something with stars or colour-filtering would be very nice to have. Also I would like to see a system where you can filter on keywords like in Native Instruments or Logic Pro. This is very nice when looking for certain types of sounds when you want to quickly put down an idea.
At the moment I just have a folder called UnCL0NED with my own presets and favourites, but this is far from ideal. :(
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 pm

I make a new folder for each of the Ableton instruments called !Custom

Then anything I like I copy and paste in to it

If you add the ! to the name it will be the first folder in the list and quicker to navigate to

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Great tip Cowlash - thats kind of the thing I was looking for.

So you have one folder of 'favourites/customs' in each of Live's Devices' folders? (ie. Operator, Impulse, Analog etc etc)

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Yes, I have a !Custom folder for each instrument

Theres a lot you can do with the Live Browser but some of it is not that obvious at first :)

n8tron

Post by n8tron » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

I read a tip (I believe it was on the 365 Ableton tips blog) that I use now and love. I made one of my shortcut folders in the browser (of the 1, 2, 3 buttons) a favorites folder. This is located on a separate location from my regular Live library. Whenever I find a patch, or make a patch, that I like I drag it in there and organize it. This way if I reinstall the Live library ever it leaves this folder unaffected.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 pm

^That is an interesting idea. The Live365 project is awesome.

I create a lot of folders with sub folders. For instance, instruments & effects have a folder called Mine with folders inside of it such as Analog/Mine/ Pads, Bass, Leads etc. I also make a folder called 3rd Party for tweaked presets that I've liked and modified.