From studio to live act (Techno / House) : need your help!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
TechnoLover

Re: From studio to live act (Techno / House) : need your help!

Post by TechnoLover » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Didn't want to create (again) a new post as I think it's not too far from the live act, I've a question about warping (DJ SET) :

When I put my first transient on the first beat, what zoom size do I need to use? is 1/128 enough to get the beat perfectly in time?

If I use a really big zoom, it's really hard to find where the kick start ... But when I use the transients that are automaticaly generated by Ableton, it doesn't seem to be perfectly on the beat when I use a 1/512 or 1/1024 ...

I hope you guys will understand what I mean, my english looks crap when I read what I wrote :$

thatMcFlyGuy

Post by thatMcFlyGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm

I don't even zoom in that far. 1/8 is generally good enough for me.

Ableton is pretty good at warping, once it knows where the start of your song is :)

TechnoLover

Post by TechnoLover » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:54 am

yes, that's my biggest problem : finding where the track starts (first kick) ...

Should I use the transient which is automatically generated by Ableton (the difference is really small, I don't even know if it can be noticed or not but as it gonna be played on really big sound systems, I want it to be perfectly running) or should i put it myself more precisely?