Sync two macs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fcarroll

Sync two macs?

Post by fcarroll » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi folks,

How do I sync two macs over a network to use ableton on each mac?

thanks
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

Bagle

Re: Sync two macs?

Post by Bagle » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:30 am

well first of all this question doesnt make much sense.

if you mean run ableton on two macs, ableton allows you to authorise it on a few different computers. but you cant run them at the same time.
If you want to run two copies at the same time, you need to buy ableton live again.

unless you were on about your library's, plugins and samples which youll wanna sync also i imagine
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:38 am

You can run the Live demo on one of the computers and the full version on the other. You don't need to save anything if you're just playing a set you've created on the registered version.

follow this guide to MIDI sync the two machines over a LAN: http://homestudioguide.com/HowToSetupMI ... ngOSX.aspx

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:39 am

double post!

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 am

If you want tu use the exact same set on the 2nd mac, is it for backup purposes?

I use a Midi Solution Thru box, it splits the midi signal and sends it to the 2 machines. This way if 1 computer crashes, you switch to backup.
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

fcarroll

Post by fcarroll » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:32 pm

the_planet wrote:You can run the Live demo on one of the computers and the full version on the other. You don't need to save anything if you're just playing a set you've created on the registered version.

follow this guide to MIDI sync the two machines over a LAN: http://homestudioguide.com/HowToSetupMI ... ngOSX.aspx
Thanks, should have explained more, two laptops both with full separate versions, just need them to stay in time with each other, thanks I think you gave me the answer
iMac, MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 8 Suite,Ableton PUSH Komplete 8, Logic Studio,Launchpad x 2, iPad (Lemur), M-Audio Keystudio, Akai MPD18, ...

jamief

Post by jamief » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Bagle wrote:well first of all this question doesnt make much sense.

if you mean run ableton on two macs, ableton allows you to authorise it on a few different computers. but you cant run them at the same time.
If you want to run two copies at the same time, you need to buy ableton live again.

unless you were on about your library's, plugins and samples which youll wanna sync also i imagine
the question makes perfect sense. And who are you the license police ?
you can run two versions of live on two separate computers just like i have been doing for the last 10 years.
really some people ott to grow up and stop playing parent

bagel what crap feedback you've given to a perfectly straightforward and legitimate question.

really

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:32 am

Bagle wrote:well first of all this question doesnt make much sense.

8O

:x