Where is ableton 9? :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dab

Re: Where is ableton 9? :(

Post by dab » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

maky355 wrote:Hahahahaha come on guys. Ableton is far away from Tracktion destiny. Beside that once when they announce 9 and clean the floor with options i am sure you will all forget this silly threads..

9 month is close :wink:
I'm sure your right! Just a reminder that pissed me off from Makie!

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Don't worry I will find out tomorrow at the Ableton SAE Fall Tour in Miami. I got peepulz that can squeeze information out of anybody. Pity the fool. 8O
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Why don't they just add bezier curves and call it 8.5?
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 pm

deanthomastunes wrote:Why don't they just add bezier curves and call it 8.5?
Do you not think automation that takes into account PDC is more important than having curves that are exceptionally inaccurate due to the delay compensation being out?

catsandwich

Post by catsandwich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Well, your username sums it up. I've shipped several software products from big name companies. The Abes are doing a fantastic job on almost all fronts. Feel free to switch; you'll be disappointed. Many things you guys assume are trivial are monumental tasks. The expectations on these guys are a testament to their abilities to deliver software.
simpleton wrote:
studiologic wrote:it is best that ableton take their time with live 9... just imagine with live 9 having to deal with 2.5 years of dealing with bugs...

i hate to be self-centered... but... just make live 9 64-bit and works with east/west's play, kontakt 4/5, specstrasonic suite... and i will be a happy camper...
IMHO- I believe that Ableton are having financial difficulties or maybe their brain trust has left the building. These things that we're asking for are way over due. Every other mature DAW and plugin developer has kept up with technological advances. there's something fishy going on in Berlin.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:32 am

Skallawa wrote:It has been too long...

Has anybody been thinking about switching to another DAW? Studio One looks interesting.
hahahahahah no

condra

Post by condra » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 am

Skallawa wrote: Has anybody been thinking about switching to another DAW? Studio One looks interesting.
Everyone is using Mackie Traktion these days. You should definitely get it.

mikesena

Post by mikesena » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 am

Tweaking Knobs wrote:
majicmonk wrote:I wish the abes would hurry up with ableton 9 :(

Its never going to come out at all.

we will stay with aBUGton 8 live for ever and ever...

no bezier curves, no record midi to session view, no lfo´s.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
No record midi in session view...? What do you mean? And No LFOs? ??

You're right with bezier curves. :P

ciw

Post by ciw » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

keefbaker wrote: Do you not think automation that takes into account PDC is more important than having curves that are exceptionally inaccurate due to the delay compensation being out?
+1

An infinity of bugfixes with live 9 scheduled for 2014 or so would be awesome. I might even upgrade to 8 then.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm just really hoping for OSC integration and recording of automation in session. It is a bit strange that they're taking so long, I hope it doesn't mean that they've got some wacky idea that will screw up Live and make us all groan...
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

TheDriller

Post by TheDriller » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Kodama wrote: I hope it doesn't mean that they've got some wacky idea that will screw up Live and make us all groan...
Like Max For Live? :P

golemus

Post by golemus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:09 pm

yeah, I think I never have waited anxiously for single piece of software than now. Soo much unfinished work that just cannot be continued before there comes a version that works fast.

Take your time, but please, oh please release a version that is efficient and stabile to use even when you have 1-2GB (or more) of VSTs loaded in RAM (efficient, everybody does NOT have a high-end quad core yet, so it must work adequately even with a standard dual core...)

And a lot of thumbs up to Ableton!, it must be difficult to work in the middle of soo much customer complaints, but hopefully soon most of it is over =)

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 pm

dab wrote:This thread reminds me of "Tracktion" on KVR. Makie has sat on this one for years, but still have a web site as if they where still developing the app. Its still very difficult to get any answers from Makie. Hmm! seems familiar.
That's the symptoms of a larger company acquiring rights to software from smaller developers. Tascam did this when they acquired Gigastudio from Nemysis.

plopseaw

Post by plopseaw » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Well, Ableton on Lion doesn't work for me even after the 'so called' beta. Audio breaks up with crackles and pops whether its my Focusrite or built in Audio. I agree with the earlier poster complete silence as to when a final solution will be there is bad.

Max4Live, after the update many of the devices, esp those which automate parameters in other devices (i.e. drop down picker) do not work and I get massive CPU/GUI overheads which make the whole thing unusable for me.

Ableton Live 9, I really don't care anymore I just want what I have to work and maybe someway to transition somewhere else. Bottom line, Iam very invested in Ableton but Suite and Live4Max just doesn't work well enough (Ableton audio not at all). It could be really good, it should be really good and I want it to get there.

However, there is a complete lack of communication from Ableton so I don't know what to think. Please, please don't be another NI, communicate, tell us where its going, where the problems are, whats going to happen I can accept that. Tell me L9 is 12 months away but Lion will be fixed. Give me some confidence in a road-map and I'll stay here.

Otherwise I'am out the door. Abe's can you at least answer this?

BR,

Plopseaw

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 pm

golemus wrote:yeah, I think I never have waited anxiously for single piece of software than now. Soo much unfinished work that just cannot be continued before there comes a version that works fast.

Take your time, but please, oh please release a version that is efficient and stabile to use even when you have 1-2GB (or more) of VSTs loaded in RAM (efficient, everybody does NOT have a high-end quad core yet, so it must work adequately even with a standard dual core...)

And a lot of thumbs up to Ableton!, it must be difficult to work in the middle of soo much customer complaints, but hopefully soon most of it is over =)
I know people who ditched Sonar because of the annual October upgrade that had the same flaws that were not fixed in the previous versions.

Sony hasn't done anything with Acid.

There's some unhappy Reason users now that their upgrade will require a proprietary dongle.