Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Novation Launchpad Script with Stepsequencer and Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 am

skunkworkz wrote:Is it possible to have an up/down/left/right, shift, ctrl, alt enter buttons etc or does the api not allow for that?
the api doesn't allow that and i don't think it make much sense to have that.
you would better off with a USB keyboard.

LithiuMind

Post by LithiuMind » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:21 am

WOW.

This is a masterful creation. Not only did you retain the functionality of the original script, but you've added just about every damn thing I wished the Launchpad did when I first bought it. The "Precision Editing" mode for parameters is a masterful example of intuitive user interface design.

I'm amazed! You've made this into the device that Ablevation "could have made".

modecai

Post by modecai » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:55 pm

I find that user 1 mode sort of stops responding to anything I push....do i need to reinstall or something?

thanks for any tips.

edit: like it just locks up and is completely unresponsive! this is killing me! do i need to reinstall the script? is it the new update o f live? this thing would be so helpful for me for live stuff!

daluxer45

Post by daluxer45 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

This is just everything i was searching for, the stepsequencer by novation which even requires m4l isnt nearly as good as the one included in this patch!

The only I would maybe tune/patch a little bit would be the parameters, i would love to have a reset button for them so i can set everything to zero.

Big ups for this mazeballs patch, keep it up!

Cheers!

kyle1306

Post by kyle1306 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi!

Thanks a lot for this wonderful creation !! Just I seem to have a small problem in the precision mode to control the devices. I am not able to control each of the parameters in precision mode. Is it meant to be this way? For example in auto filer, I can control the cutoff value in precision mode but not the Q value. if the precision mode is on, the value is just locked so the columns are constant. Or, I never could control any knobs in precision mode either. I am a beginner, am I missing sth? Thx and sorry if this is just an easy stuff that I missed.

Cheers!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Simply awesome!

skunkworkz

Post by skunkworkz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Have you been working on any updates lately??

modecai

Post by modecai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 am

the 2nd page on user mode 1 can be accessed on my launchpad, but none of the buttons are recognized... so for example the scene launch buttons that control "device on / off" "lock" etc, don't show up.

any thoughts?

Jake DeNiro

Post by Jake DeNiro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 am

Works great... Thanks for this cool tool!

BenAtWork

Post by BenAtWork » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:26 am

This script is simply awesome. I'll chime in with others saying this is exactly what novation should have made themselves out of the gate, revived my launchpad experience. Also +1 the guy who said you should have a donation button on your site. I've been chatting with a friend about doing a combo DJ + ableton clips and loops thing, and the step sequencer is exactly what I was looking for to switch to laying down beats on the fly. Then moving back to session mode without any crazy conflicts, awesome.

I'll say that a few things took me a while to understand. Scale mode for example I didn't understand at all until reading through this thread. Precision editing I seem to be missing something on right now too as I'm seemingly unable to get it to work. As soon as I turn it on the pads become unresponsive and I can't move parameter values anymore. I'm using sugar bytes turnado if that helps.

I think it's time this thing got a great youtube demo video. It'd be easier to show off home some of the features work and more people need to see this. Keep it up man.

BenAtWork

Post by BenAtWork » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:01 am

Actually you know if I had one request right now after some toying around for a few hours it would be something to the effect of copy and paste for the sequencer. It's cool to get a loop going and then want to put some variations on that. If you double the clip length you've now got a big empty space, no good for live play. It'd be nice if I had the option to double my existing length and then when I page over, I could make edits from there (hi hat variations or some such). Hope that makes sense, thanks again for this great script.

mots

Post by mots » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm

BenAtWork wrote:Actually you know if I had one request right now after some toying around for a few hours it would be something to the effect of copy and paste for the sequencer. It's cool to get a loop going and then want to put some variations on that. If you double the clip length you've now got a big empty space, no good for live play. It'd be nice if I had the option to double my existing length and then when I page over, I could make edits from there (hi hat variations or some such). Hope that makes sense, thanks again for this great script.
hi !

i finally found some time to work on it and added the feature you mention. while you extend the clip it will clone existing notes in the newly created portion of the midi clip. It detect which portion of the clip should be duplicated based on the assumption most clip follow a looping size of a power of 2. (2, 4, 8, 16 etc).

You can download the package there : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... hpad85.zip
The documentation is available at : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

have fun and thanks for the suggestion !

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:50 pm

that works really well and is quite handy

cheers!

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm

great stuff!!! congratulations!!!

(I only feel sorry for myself not having played with this before ... )

mots

Post by mots » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:32 am

rikrak wrote: @mots - Have you considered putting a 'donate' button on your site?
Hi,
At first I was against it, but after all, and some requests... why not !
So I just added a Flattr button.

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/