Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:43 pm

musiklipp wrote:hi,

i downloaded the latest version of launchpad95 here:
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/

i installed again live 9.1 and it's not working again....

i can select "launchpad95-master" in the preferences but the LP doesn't light up.

i'm on OS 10.6.8.

thanks for your help!
you have to rename the folder to Launchpad95.

musiklipp

Post by musiklipp » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:07 pm

that did the trick :-)

thank you so much!

troll

Post by troll » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:26 pm

can't wait for the 9.1 update i miss this script :cry:

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:58 pm

@ InsomniaLab- I really enjoy the new scales, the guitar scale is excellent.
As well as the light options. It's an easy add.
Thanks!
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

mots

Post by mots » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:44 am

troll wrote:can't wait for the 9.1 update i miss this script :cry:

?

launchpad95 is compatible with live 9.1.
musiklipp confirmed it.

Psiox

Post by Psiox » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Well it doesn't seem to work for me with Live 9.1 either. Downloaded and renamed folder to ''Launchpad95''.
Worked perfectly with 9.0 though :?:

Edit: I replied too soon it seems, loaded up a new live set and it works.

Great script btw :)

aschneider

Post by aschneider » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:33 pm

It would be nice to have InsomniaLab's changes merged into Launchpad95's master branch.

Thanks to both of you, guys.

musiklipp

Post by musiklipp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi again!
is there a change that is related to the latest version or to live9.1?
this is what i noticed:
in session mode (on the lp) armed track rows are now red (which is cool; i just wrote this because maybe it's related).
the main issue is following:
when i'm in instrument mode (user1) hitting the arm button (on the LP) now starts recording a clip in the midi instrument track i'm in and also in all other tracks (audio) that are armed. the clips are all in the same scene. it's like the arm button is linked to the scene button and not to the individual clip button.
I think that was different before. unfortunately i need the audio tracks to be armed...

any ideas or solutions?

thanks!

cheers,
Karsten

EDIT:
ok....now i saw that this button is actually the scene launch button and that there is another button that should do what i need (trk on). will try that..

EDIT2:
i tried it:
the "trk on" button records a clip only into the selected track. great!!
but: if i want to overdub into the same clip, hitting the "arm" button will do that, but it will also start recording a clip in all other armed tracks in the same scene.
it will not record a clip, if another clip is playing on the armed track in another scene. weird...

is it possible to "disconnect" the arm button from scene launch? (is scene launch useful in instrument mode?)

mac OS10.6.8
32bit
live 9.1

mots

Post by mots » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:05 pm

musiklipp wrote: is it possible to "disconnect" the arm button from scene launch? (is scene launch useful in instrument mode?)
the arm button is there to allow you to record stuff :) so yes pretty useful. i could not live without it !
it is meant to be like that, this is how live works. it enables the record button in the transport bar, which will record on any track that is armed for recording (logically).

if you want to have a track playing out its input without recording, use the monitor option in the I/O options for that track.

musiklipp

Post by musiklipp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 pm

makes sense.
but if there is the possibility to record one individual clip by pressing "trk on", without recording clips in all armed tracks, than it would be really great also to be able to overdub in the same easy way just on the focused clip, instead of recording new clips on other tracks.

if a clipslot is full and playing, "trk on" could activate overdub on that single track, instead of stopping the clip. stopping a clip is already possible with "stop"

that change could make everybody happy!!!

best,
Karsten

musiklipp

Post by musiklipp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 pm

if you want to have a track playing out its input without recording, use the monitor option in the I/O options for that track.
[/quote]

not really possible. i need monitoring off but the possibility to record (and playback) on that track. toggling the monitoring and arm options would be possible, but it would be great to avoid those extra steps.

mots

Post by mots » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:53 pm

musiklipp wrote: not really possible. i need monitoring off but the possibility to record (and playback) on that track. toggling the monitoring and arm options would be possible, but it would be great to avoid those extra steps.
this is not something i can change. it is how live is working.

musiklipp

Post by musiklipp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 pm

ok.

thanks. great work!

Slippycurb

Post by Slippycurb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey great work on this, been using for a while, awsome!!
One thing that has been wrecking my head though, which is nothing to do with Launchpad95, but maybe can be fixed by it, and that is I also have an M-audio Oxygen8 v2 keyboard, and when used at the same time as the launchpad the midi data (as im sure you are aware) gets sent out to the launchpad messing it up. A workaround I have found is to use renoise rewired to ableton and have my synths that I want to use live setup in renoise (a different midi channel on the keyboard locked to different synths in renoise, which also allows me to use the controller knobs ). But this isnt exactly a great way of doing things.
Does anybody have any other ideas of how to get the keyboard working natively at the same time as the launchpad?

mots

Post by mots » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Slippycurb wrote:Hey great work on this, been using for a while, awsome!!
One thing that has been wrecking my head though, which is nothing to do with Launchpad95, but maybe can be fixed by it, and that is I also have an M-audio Oxygen8 v2 keyboard, and when used at the same time as the launchpad the midi data (as im sure you are aware) gets sent out to the launchpad messing it up. A workaround I have found is to use renoise rewired to ableton and have my synths that I want to use live setup in renoise (a different midi channel on the keyboard locked to different synths in renoise, which also allows me to use the controller knobs ). But this isnt exactly a great way of doing things.
Does anybody have any other ideas of how to get the keyboard working natively at the same time as the launchpad?

this is a common problem with live and multiple controllers.

in launchpad95 you can easily change the channels used. you can even reuse the same channel for different functions as long as instrument mode and user mode have their own channels.
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... nt.py#L155