Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
babyhorse

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by babyhorse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:25 am

Buleriachk wrote:
mots wrote:hi,
babyhorse wrote:When do you think Launchpad95 will be updated for v9.2?
it has been already some time ago. please get the last version from my site.

At motscousus.com? The latest version I'm seeing is for 9.1.2. This version stopped working for me when I updated Ableton to v9.2.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:42 am

I'm using the original Launchpad.

I felt like I was having troubles after updating Live to 9.2 but it was confusing.

I re-downloaded the script and deleted whatever was in my 9.2 folder then put the re-downloaded one in.

It worked except one little drum pad issue, which seems to have worked itself out when I reopened Live.

Make sure also that you have Launchpad95 selected in midi preferences as a Control Surface, and your Launchpad as the input/output. Also be sure that no Other 'Launchpad' is selected, they should say either None of whatever other devices you are using as control surfaces.

Also make sure your device is not grayed out, but is a solid black. Sometimes devices change names slightly and you have to reselect it with the dropdown.

dengelman

Post by dengelman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:53 pm

mots wrote: Launchpad MK2 and Launchpad Pro are not supported.
Hi Mots - like many others I am interested in compatibility with the new LP range.
I love this script but find it impossible to use due to colour-blindness. (I have tried with different settings)

When you say the LP mk2 RGB is not supported - do you mean "not currently supported" or "will never be supported."

Appreciate your advice - I would buy a mk2 today if I knew it meant I could use your fabulous script!

Cheers

mots

Post by mots » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:56 am

dengelman wrote: Hi Mots - like many others I am interested in compatibility with the new LP range.
I love this script but find it impossible to use due to colour-blindness. (I have tried with different settings)

When you say the LP mk2 RGB is not supported - do you mean "not currently supported" or "will never be supported."

Appreciate your advice - I would buy a mk2 today if I knew it meant I could use your fabulous script!
for colourblind users there is Launchpad95Colour out there that changes the default colours to ones easier to tell apart.

i will not buy a MK2 just for the RGB as for me that presents close to zero advantage, so i will not spend 200 euro or so just for the sake of having rgb. sorry for the bad news.
that being said, i am not the only programmer on planet earth (even though for launchpad95 the community support has been close to zero really...). so maybe someone else will pick it up.

dengelman

Post by dengelman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:21 pm

mots wrote: for colourblind users there is Launchpad95Colour out there that changes the default colours to ones easier to tell apart.

i will not buy a MK2 just for the RGB as for me that presents close to zero advantage, so i will not spend 200 euro or so just for the sake of having rgb. sorry for the bad news.
that being said, i am not the only programmer on planet earth (even though for launchpad95 the community support has been close to zero really...). so maybe someone else will pick it up.
Hi mots - Launchpad95Colour is great but still very difficult for me to use.
I'm sorry you feel the community support has been lacking - I can only imagine how much time you have spent on this project.
I know it is valued and used by thousands of people, as witnessed by the 31 pages here! I've sent you a donation to show my appreciation.

My question re mk2 was really whether the script could be ported over without significant further programming, but I completely understand if the devices are different and you do not have access to a mk2. I won't be upgrading either in that case!

Best wishes mate!

mots

Post by mots » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:32 am

quick update : Launchpad Mini MK2 seems to be supported according to user feedbacks.

cheers.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Do you mean the new Launchpad Mk2 (with color) or the Launchpad Pro?
The Mk2 is not the mini...

mots

Post by mots » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:32 pm

AGAIN. i wrote what i meant. or vice versa....

MINI MK2.

http://www.thomann.de/de/novation_launc ... ni_mk2.htm

it seems to be a minor refresh of the old one

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:56 pm

mots wrote:AGAIN. i wrote what i meant. or vice versa....

MINI MK2.

http://www.thomann.de/de/novation_launc ... ni_mk2.htm

it seems to be a minor refresh of the old one

I think you're right; the dimensions are smaller than the Launchpad. I was under the impression they had just re-done the Launchpad/S. Hmm - I may even get one....

mots

Post by mots » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:08 pm

quick update : someone is working on a port the Launchpad MK2 (the big one, the mini mk2 being already supported).
i will of course post here as i get an more infos.

cheers.

RasecMusic

Post by RasecMusic » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 am

Hi mots! First I want to thank you for an amazing work on the Launchpad95!
Second, I've been learning Live's remote scripts framework (currently creating a custom script for Akai's MPK49 and planning one for Kenton's Killamix Mini) and would like to contribute to the Launchpad95 project. I've thought of a feature I'd like to have and which I'd be happy to implement, either for myself or for the master branch of the project if you think it's worthy.
The feature in question is something similar to what Novation has named "Quickview" in the Launchpad Pro, where the device only changes mode if you tap quickly the mode button. If you hold it, the device will only be in that mode for as long as you hold it.
For example, if you are in instrument control mode, hold the session view, launch whatever clip you want to launch, release the button and go back to instrument control.
For the mixer, I think it could be even more powerful doing things the Launchpad Pro way (but might be a bit trickier to implement and would be a bit of a paradigm shift for the controller). Volume, Pan, Send A, and Send B would work as they do now, filling the entire matrix with columns that represent the sliders/encoders. But for Stop, Track on, Solo, and Arm, you would be presented with the same session view but the bottom row of buttons would instead do the corresponding function you have selected.

The Launchpad Pro overview video can give you an idea of what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPyYZMmi5o

I think for example it's really nice when he is in instrument mode, switches to the track arm button part of the mixer, arms another track, and starts playing it.

If I haven't made myself clear, please ask me so I can clarify

So now my questions to you are:
- Is this the right place to ask this? :?
- Do you think this is something that could be included in the master branch?
- I've started learning the remote scripts framework, and when I open Launchpad95 scripts source code, I feel a bit lost. When I start implementing it, would it be ok if I asked you a few questions/advices on the inner workings of the script? :roll:

Thanks a lot and keep up the amazing work!

-Cesar
-Cesar

wishyoudefeat

Post by wishyoudefeat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm

OMG. Someone is working on the MKII version!? That would be stellar. Got a MKII for my birthday but my OG launchpad pretty much blows it out of the water still. Was hoping to get a Pro but there was a mixup. Would rather get Launchpad95 going on the pretty MKII rather than returning it or selling it. I will be watching this thread for sure!

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:00 pm

J74-ISO now supports Launchpad Pro (as well as the others).

http://fabriziopoce.com/isocontrollers.html
Last edited by Buleriachk on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlopsca

Post by carlopsca » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Hey guys i loved launchpad 95 as much as you do and i dont know why nobody had complained bout this before but... you guys know that launchpad95 aint supported by live 9.2 anymore? right, why no one else has uploaded the update ??! im still waiting for it. Greetz

RasecMusic

Post by RasecMusic » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:34 pm

carlopsca wrote:Hey guys i loved launchpad 95 as much as you do and i dont know why nobody had complained bout this before but... you guys know that launchpad95 aint supported by live 9.2 anymore? right, why no one else has uploaded the update ??! im still waiting for it. Greetz
I'm running Live 9.2.1. Launchpad95 is working fine. What doesn't work for you?
-Cesar