Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
aristidesfl

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by aristidesfl » Tue May 28, 2013 11:03 pm

It puts to shame the default Launchpad implementation...
I just with the color feedback worked fine..

selthym

Post by selthym » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

Great work with the script, can't believe how well it works and how much fun it is to play with.

One thing I can't work out from either playing around with the launchpad or reading the instructions is, when in Step Sequencer mode, how do I choose a specific scale to display / sequence? I understand how to go into the mode to select which notes to play, but can't work out which buttons to press to select specific notes.

mots

Post by mots » Wed May 29, 2013 12:25 pm

hi all,

thanks for all the feedback !!
yur2die4 wrote: If you are up for suggestions, I'd recommend using the top left unused buttons on the Scale page to switch between fourths, thirds, and orientation, similar to the Push. It is very fun to play in thirds.
yeap ! have that on my todo !

pepezabala wrote:One thing I am missing is something to adjust velocity.
i know that one. i had a look at it and could not find a way to do that. as far as i can see notes go directly into the daw without me being able to affect them in anyway. sorry. but you can adjust the velocity in step seq.
aristidesfl wrote:I just wish the color feedback worked fine..
me too ;) it's just a minor annoyance though. fortunately i could not find a solution so far :/
selthym wrote:in Step Sequencer mode, how do I choose a specific scale to display / sequence?
i know the stepseq is quite complex (or messy ;) ), with its different modes (normal + mute lanes), the scale modes (fold, scale fold, unfold), not to mention the multiline mode vs one line per note.

well.. the good thing is i'm trying to rewrite it for scratch ! much cleaner and complete.

i'll keep you (i mean that thread) posted !

tyan666

Post by tyan666 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello,

This tool is just great and improvements are awesome. Just a simple question, does anyone know what script the guys in the following video uses?

http://www.controllerism.com/say-hello- ... aunchpad-s

That is some kind of splitted keyboard with macro functions on the side.... he is using User 1 Mode. May be he made it up... Does anyone know?

Thyan

carlosedp

Post by carlosedp » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 pm

tyan666 wrote:Hello,

This tool is just great and improvements are awesome. Just a simple question, does anyone know what script the guys in the following video uses?

http://www.controllerism.com/say-hello- ... aunchpad-s

That is some kind of splitted keyboard with macro functions on the side.... he is using User 1 Mode. May be he made it up... Does anyone know?

Thyan
Take a look on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUqYpMJNpY

He explains how it's done. It's Launchpad's default scripts on User1 mode but he customized the MIDI feedback.

tyan666

Post by tyan666 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:12 pm

thanks,

Im going to have a look at this!

Thyan

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:58 pm

The default (factory) User2Mode does transmit MIDI notes, but only on channel 6 within Live. Everything gets lumped together into channel 1 once it gets out of Live tho. It's weird but that's how it is. Not sure if Live is incapable of transmitting multi channel MIDI to the outside world or it is a limitation of the Launchpad.

I've been using UserMode2 together with Bome's Midi Translator and MIDI Yoke to map keyboard shortcuts that are not directly mappable within Live using those internal channel 6 messages, but as of the latest Launchpad95 update (2013-05-28) it broke because those MIDI notes are no longer transmitted in UserMode2 as part of the "fix".

Perhaps there's a way to make UserMode2 transmit MIDI CC messages instead of notes so that it can still be used outside of Live without interfering with note functionality as your fix intended? That way I wouldn't even have to use MIDI Yoke anymore as well!
Last edited by Urielkael on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mots

Re: Default UserMode2 behavior

Post by mots » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Urielkael wrote:The default (factory) User2Mode does transmit MIDI notes, but only on channel 6 within Live. Everything gets lumped together into channel 1 once it gets out of Live tho. It's weird but that's how it is. Not sure if Live is incapable of transmitting multi channel MIDI to the outside world or it is a limitation of the Launchpad.

I've been using UserMode2 together with Bome's Midi Translator and MIDI Yoke to map keyboard shortcuts that are not directly mappable within Live using those internal channel 6 messages, but as of the latest Launchpad95 update (2013-05-28) it broke because those MIDI notes are no longer transmitted in UserMode2 as part of the "fix".

Perhaps there's a way to make UserMode2 transmit MIDI CC messages instead of notes so that it can still be used outside of Live without interfering with note functionality as your fix intended? That way I wouldn't even have to use MIDI Yoke anymore as well!
Hello

this is indeed intended. the stock launchpad scripts also behave this way. user mode 2 is intended to be used with max4live (i never used it though). you can modify the behaviour by changing the line 198 in MainSelectorComponent.py
self._setup_user_mode(False, False, False, False) to self._setup_user_mode(True, True, False, False)
(make to keep the indentation with tabs unchanged as this would break the script.) and that should do the trick !

for the record, here are the changes that i made : https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/c ... dd5bfe2bd3

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi mots,

Thanks for replying. I swear to god I don't know what happened but those channel 6 messages are transmitting again? All I did was switching to the default script and then back to yours!

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:21 pm

My bad! Changed the input of the MIDI Translator and forgot to switch it back! :oops:

Aken

Post by Aken » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 am

Hello, I' trying your script but when I put the Launchpad95 folder in my user remote script it does nothing. Something appears when I put the "userconfiguration" fil into the folder, but the fonctionnality of the script are not there...

Can somebody helps me ?

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 pm

You are supposed to put it in your "<Ableton Live installation folder>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts" folder.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Here's a suggestion I made on the Feature Request forum.

It would be neat if Launchpad had an interface like this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196348

mots

Post by mots » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:10 am

Hi All !

I have spent sometime working on a new version of Launchpad95, I have had the idea in mind for some time now to merge the best of the Push Step Sequencer and the multi-note step sequencer of the Launchpad85/95. After a few months of procrastination, here i am !

i updated the documentation and the package and they are available at the usual location :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

please do not hesitate to send some feedback and bug report.

cheers,

henri

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

8O 8O :D :D

oh man
epic