Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
dr.mysterium

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by dr.mysterium » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 am

Thanks again for this script, and the ongoing updates!
Gotta quick question or two
Could the midi notes and cc's per channel that this script occupies be added to the documentation?
Also could a PDF version of the instructions and maps be made available for download?
Thanks for everything, and I would appreciate this info very much, I believe it'll help avoid conflicts for people with multiple remote scripts.
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

mots

Post by mots » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:52 am

dr.mysterium wrote:Thanks again for this script, and the ongoing updates!
Gotta quick question or two
Could the midi notes and cc's per channel that this script occupies be added to the documentation?
Also could a PDF version of the instructions and maps be made available for download?
Thanks for everything, and I would appreciate this info very much, I believe it'll help avoid conflicts for people with multiple remote scripts.
hello,

for the PDF just print the HTML page to a PDF, or save the page to your disk ;)

about the midi channels, it it pretty simple, they are all used besides 16 !

you can see the channels (and change them if you will) in this file :
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... nt.py#L127
(you have to add 1 to the midi channel you see in the code, computers start to count from 0... humans from 1)
session : 1
step seq: 2,3
device controller: 4
user mode 1: 5
user 2: 6
mixer: 7,8,9,10,11
instrument controller 12,13,14,15 (instrument channels are set in https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... nt.py#L190 )

note that you could have some of the components in launchpad95 to share the same channels (as long as they dont overlap with user mode 2)

about the midi notes and CC:
instrument controller uses all notes.
the midi cc and notes numbers of the other modes are referenced there : http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/si ... erence.pdf

regards

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 am

This statement on L95 page led me to believe there is more info than I can see on the page.

"A summary of functions assigned to the buttons is shown in the table below. hover your mouse above a button to get detailed description."

I use a mobile device to view this page and I don't 'surf' with my music computer.

I use multiple scripts, as well as the musicians I work with. Avoiding conflicts in scripting avoids buggy behavior.
When it comes to remote control of Live (via scripting) overlapping midi channels between scripts tend to produce glitches and improper feedback.
With your L95 do you foresee a conflict from one shuffling down the instrument midi channels to 1-4?
And the mixer midi channels being moved to 1-5?
(This idea being based on your statement of avoiding conflicts wither user mode 2 ch6)
I may be way off mark, but I would think that unless this creates conflicts within the L95 script itself, this change would compress L95 mid channel usage down to ch1-6, opening ch7-16 for other purposes.

Any response, or scripting wisdom, will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

mots

Post by mots » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

dr.mysterium wrote:This statement on L95 page led me to believe there is more info than I can see on the page.

"A summary of functions assigned to the buttons is shown in the table below. hover your mouse above a button to get detailed description."

I use a mobile device to view this page and I don't 'surf' with my music computer.
ok i see. no worries. there is just one or two tooltips. nothing major that you would miss badly ;)

dr.mysterium wrote: I use multiple scripts, as well as the musicians I work with. Avoiding conflicts in scripting avoids buggy behavior.
When it comes to remote control of Live (via scripting) overlapping midi channels between scripts tend to produce glitches and improper feedback.
With your L95 do you foresee a conflict from one shuffling down the instrument midi channels to 1-4?
And the mixer midi channels being moved to 1-5?
(This idea being based on your statement of avoiding conflicts wither user mode 2 ch6)
I may be way off mark, but I would think that unless this creates conflicts within the L95 script itself, this change would compress L95 mid channel usage down to ch1-6, opening ch7-16 for other purposes.

Any response, or scripting wisdom, will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
i see your point, i don't use many controllers so i cannot really tell for sure. Anyhow, i updated L95 and added an options to compress the channels.
In the file MainSelectorComponent.py, line 30. ( https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... ent.py#L30
) change the "False" into a "True" (case matters) and the channels of L95 will be compressed to the bottom of the range, occupying 1 to 7.
you can see the changes in the same file, line 130 for the compressed mode, and line 155 for the good old mode.
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... nt.py#L129

i did not test it myself in details, but i believe it should work just fine.

of course make sure to get the updated script at the usual place :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

cheers

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:15 pm

The last two script updates for white clip blinking, and channel compression cause all the LEDs on the Launchpad session tab to blink on and off, in the last color it updated to. The white colored clips cause the pads to blink orange, but all the pads blink on and off, generally its the ones on the left side. I've checked a billion different causes. Engaging the new channel compression does not correct this issue. The script downloads aren't numbered, so I reverted to a L95 script I dated as 10.16.13., and now everything works fine. Just none of the new features listed above are present in the script I reverted back to. Anyone else having this issue?
Im Still testing the situation.

mots

Post by mots » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:49 pm

dr.mysterium wrote:The last two script updates for white clip blinking, and channel compression cause all the LEDs on the Launchpad session tab to blink on and off, in the last color it updated to. The white colored clips cause the pads to blink orange, but all the pads blink on and off, generally its the ones on the left side. I've checked a billion different causes. Engaging the new channel compression does not correct this issue. The script downloads aren't numbered, so I reverted to a L95 script I dated as 10.16.13., and now everything works fine. Just none of the new features listed above are present in the script I reverted back to. Anyone else having this issue?
Im Still testing the situation.
this looks like a known bug in live 9.1 beta 20. they fixed it in the last betas.

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm am on the official release
One would have to update to the newest beta for the newest version of this script to work?

mots

Post by mots » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 am

dr.mysterium wrote:I'm am on the official release
One would have to update to the newest beta for the newest version of this script to work?
L95 works fine on live 9.0.6 and live 9.1 beta, as i tested (on MacOS 10.9)
try to update the script to the last version, maybe i missed smth.

mots

Post by mots » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

mots wrote:
dr.mysterium wrote:I'm am on the official release
L95 works fine on live 9.0.6 and live 9.1 beta, as i tested (on MacOS 10.9)
try to update the script to the last version, maybe i missed smth.
i got some feedback from users on Windows 8.1 reporting such problems (thanks dirk !). i removed the white clip colouring as this particular feature was causing the problem on windows 8 systems.
Last edited by mots on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dr.mysterium

Post by dr.mysterium » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:23 am

What if the navigation buttons on the mixer page were 'zoom' navigation buttons?
One could 'bank' around the mixer with left and right without going back to session view
And repressing and holding the session button to select the bank.
I noticed the empty zoom triggers in the python when channel compressing the new script.
It seems to work excellently in the new update.
Cheers

e-smile-z

Post by e-smile-z » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

does this also work with the launchpad mini ?

mots

Post by mots » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm

e-smile-z wrote:does this also work with the launchpad mini ?
yes

e-smile-z

Post by e-smile-z » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:15 pm

....nice...thanks i m gonna get one soon...

bartofzo

Post by bartofzo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Great script. Planning on using this in my live set. Works awesome!

Earlier in this thread I read somebody requesting the feature to be able to duplicate a clip's lenght, with the notes being duplicated as well.

Is this function already implemented? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
It would be great if this were possible. One could make a 1 bar loop, then duplicate it and make a variation in the next bar, with the loop still running. Can't seem to think of another way to do this but to duplicate the clip and the notes contained. Since I'm planning to use this on stage, if you just increase the lenght of the clip the next half of your clip will be empty...

Also, a feature to shorten the clip by half the lenght would complement this nicely.

Is this already possible or is there a way to accomplish this? This feature would make this script just insane.

mots

Post by mots » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

bartofzo wrote: Earlier in this thread I read somebody requesting the feature to be able to duplicate a clip's length, with the notes being duplicated as well.
indeed it was available in old version of launchpad95
bartofzo wrote: Is this already possible or is there a way to accomplish this? This feature would make this script just insane.
well... it Christmas right ?

i just updated the scrips with some combos :
-Mute (last scene button):
--- hold mute button and click on a note to mute it
--- hold mute button and press on a note in the bottom left quadrant to mute it
--- hold mute button and select a loop range in the loop selector to delete it
- velocity (7th scene button):
--- hold velocity button and click on a note to change its velocity
--- hold velocity button and select a loop range in the loop selector to extend the original clip content to the newly selected length
-velocity (7th scene button) and mute
--- hold velocity AND button and click on a note to change its velocity
hold velocity button and mute button at the same time and select a loop range in the loop selector in order to mute this time selection

as usual i put the code on my site and on github

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/