Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 pm

ThomThom wrote:yes, very nice so far, worked fine until yesterday.
Today I updated to 9.04 64 bit (windows), now I'm having problems with session record in scale edition mode. It's not working 8O , the clip will simply not record.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting ! Indeed you are right. since 9.0.4 the overdub functionality in the Python API started to behave strange. i replaced it with Live9's session_record and it works again.

updated the scripts on my site and on github.

aristidesfl

Post by aristidesfl » Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 am

Your script is awesome. Everything seems to be working fine except in instrument mode.
It plays well, but the color feedback of the pressed keys is a bit messed up.
Here is a video of what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTfAOxcQJQ

Is this expected?

Thanks

drez

Post by drez » Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 pm

I just got my Launchpad and Live 9.0.4 installed and looking forward to installing your script!

I was wondering if somehow (and I don't know how) the step sequencer could somehow have a way to change the velocity value of the step sequencer? Like one of the buttons toggles through a velocity setting of like 75/100/127 or some set amounts? Does that make sense what I'm suggesting?

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you've assigned a button to cycle through the velocity settings. Wow. This is truly an impressive template.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

TChris

Post by TChris » Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Great job ! It's amazing.

I do not understand why novation has never provided such a script !

Thanks,

Christophe

mots

Post by mots » Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 am

aristidesfl wrote: It plays well, but the color feedback of the pressed keys is a bit messed up.
Here is a video of what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTfAOxcQJQ
Hi !

i tried to debug that with no luck. i have the feeling it's due to the fact that scene buttons use note numbers that might happen to be on the matrix too (and happen to also have the same midi channel!).

if anyone knows a way to debug (on mac or pc) what is being SENT to hardware midi output, that would be awesome !

cheers

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 am

it is very easy to debug.
install midi yoke and midi ox.

make routing midi yoke 1 to Launchpad and Launchpad to midi yoke 2
in ableton select lanuchpad95 and midi yoke 2 as input channel and midi yoke 1 as output.

then via midi ox you can actually see what notes are sent to and from Launchpad.
mots wrote:
aristidesfl wrote: It plays well, but the color feedback of the pressed keys is a bit messed up.
Hi !

i tried to debug that with no luck. i have the feeling it's due to the fact that scene buttons use note numbers that might happen to be on the matrix too (and happen to also have the same midi channel!).

if anyone knows a way to debug (on mac or pc) what is being SENT to hardware midi output, that would be awesome !

cheers

mots

Post by mots » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

mbakirov wrote:it is very easy to debug.

in ableton select lanuchpad95 and midi yoke 2 as input channel and midi yoke 1 as output.

then via midi ox you can actually see what notes are sent to and from Launchpad.
i tried on mac with midimonitor, midi pipe etc.. with no luck. i'll give it a shot on a PC. thanks !

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Mon May 13, 2013 11:18 am

mots wrote:
mbakirov wrote:it is very easy to debug.

i tried on mac with midimonitor, midi pipe etc.. with no luck. i'll give it a shot on a PC. thanks !

Seems the same behavior I show to you last time. Do you think that is it the same?
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - Behringer UB802 - Alto CLE 4.0 - Fluid Audio C5W - w7 64bit on Sonux DAW i7-4790 16GB RAM
https://mebitek.bandcamp.com - http://www.mebitek.com

aristidesfl

Post by aristidesfl » Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Can you reproduce the problem?

mots

Post by mots » Wed May 15, 2013 5:13 am

aristidesfl wrote:Can you reproduce the problem?
yes. it's why it is in the list of "known issues" ;)

i'm looking at it. but did not find a solution yet. the launchpad itself is acting strange.

aristidesfl

Post by aristidesfl » Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 am

mots wrote:
aristidesfl wrote:Can you reproduce the problem?
yes. it's why it is in the list of "known issues" ;)

i'm looking at it. but did not find a solution yet. the launchpad itself is acting strange.
Sorry didn't notice. Hope you can solve it.
I just had a wonderful surprise when I selected a drum rack and the launchpad automatically changes the layout and displays the available pads.
Great job!!!

mots

Post by mots » Sat May 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi launchpaders !

updated version is available with a bunch of fixes :

2013-05-25 - Fix paging StepSeq, add support for selected DrumPad at the highest resolution. fix note feedback when entering instrument mode. add: very long press Arm in instrument mode to toggle implicit track arm</li>
2013-05-09 - fix for live 9.0.4: replace overdub by session_record in TrackController. overdub in Python API started to behave strange from 9.0.4.

one new very interesting feature in the StepSequencer : while as the highest quantisation level (while the quantisation button is full on). In this mode the whole matrix of 8*8 pads is used to edit one note. this allows to display much more notes. also while in this mode, the stepseq is linked to the selected DrumPad of the Drum Rack. so you can go back in instrument mode, select a pad, and back in step seq to edit the sequence for this pad.

enjoy !

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sat May 25, 2013 11:54 pm

thats awesome that new one note drum seq mode thingy

its almost too easy to create beats now!

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 pm

I really love launchpad95! Big fun to play with.

One thing I am missing is something to adjust velocity. On the scale edition mode-page there are a couple of non-used button on the bottom row, could you use two of the for raising or lowering the velocity of the notes? Right now I regularly have to drop in a velocity plug into my instrument channel and can't control it via the launchpad.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Without a doubt. More and more fun every time I use it. The update is great too.

If you are up for suggestions, I'd recommend using the top left unused buttons on the Scale page to switch between fourths, thirds, and orientation, similar to the Push. It is very fun to play in thirds. I think there is a Vimeo somewhere of Huston Singletary playing the Push in thirds, demonstrating its potential.

Still, if you don't change a single thing, I give you props for taking the device I use most with Live, an making it hands down my Favorite implementation of a device in Live.

So thank you very much for that!!