Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95/85: Instrument Ctrl, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:35 pm

astralpirate wrote:I just downloaded and tested this script out on Live 9 and I am thoroughly impressed... The Launchpad is still one of my favorite controllers, and to have all of the unique functionality from Push implemented on a controller that is significantly smaller, lighter, and more versatile is quite awesome... just wanted to give you kudos for making this script and all the work you put into it... if I run into any issues I will let you know, but so far I am just really pleased that this is completely functional... my Launchpad S is very happy! Great work!
thanks for the nice words !
Emissary wrote:I must be missing something here. Running Live 9 (newest) launchpad works fine in normal mode, when I switch the control surface to Launchpad 95 all the lights go off (still sending midi signals though) and no matter what I do no lights come on. Do I need automap installed or something?
no automap needed. never used automap actually ! you must do something wrong somewhere as i got many report from users indicating no problems. or a weird bug. can you open the log file and look for something that look like an error (to trigger the error switch the script in the preferences from "Launchpad" to "Launchpad95" back and forth)
the log file should be :
* Windows C:/Documents and Settings/your user name/Application Data/Ableton/Live/Preferences/<version>/Log.txt
* Mac OS X: /User/Library/Preferences/Ableton/<version>/Log.txt

el_hambre wrote:there's no video?
i kind of suck at shooting videos, but i'm sure some will appear soon !

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey, problem fixed (user error as usual) I unzipped the zip file in the midi scripts section but realised there was a sub folder which actually contained the scripts. Maybe you should make that clearer for cretins like me :D . Thanks for this anyway, I'll give it a whirl and get back to you. Karma will treat you well.

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Another bug report. Some times in some random cases the original user1 mode freezes and remains into the instrument mode. Also some times the vertical right line (the launch line one) has strange behavior. It remains lighted up or totally shutdown until i press user2 or mixer button

Hope it helps
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - Behringer UB802 - Alto CLE 4.0 - Fluid Audio C5W - w7 64bit on Sonux DAW i7-4790 16GB RAM
https://mebitek.bandcamp.com - http://www.mebitek.com

mots

Post by mots » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi

i updated the script to support the implicit arm functionality that was added to live 9 for push. This ease quite a bit the workflow while working the new Instrument Mode on the launchpad. i also remapped some of the scenes buttons in Instrument Mode. It's finally getting closer to what the launchpad scripts should always have been !

The updated version is on my site http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/ and on github.

enjoy !

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 pm

mots wrote:Hi
It's finally getting closer to what the launchpad scripts should always have been !
I couldn't agree more. Everyone with a Launchpad should use this script, it's so seamlessly integrated. Absolutely brilliant, thanks

oddstep

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by oddstep » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 am

absolutely. the way that the scale mode changes from diatonic to drum rack if you put it on a drum rack track is a nice touch.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:49 pm

this is phenomenal now
probably the main reason i will upgrade to 9!

just one thing... when i am playing in instrument mode.... other pads keep lighting up yellow

have i got it set up wrong?

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm

No that's actually really usefull. The keyboard layout duplicates midi notes... because each row is a fixed interval higher. Can not remember if its a fifth or a fourth. Anyway its like a guitar so there are multiple positions for each note. The yellow notes are alternative positions for a given note. By studying whats going on I got a better handle on how to play chords and scales.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Ahh I see
That's cool :-)
Thanks

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

I just finally tried the updated version. And I wish I could give you an applause. This is quite extraordinary.

...I just can't shake off how much more portable the Launchpad feels for me. I love how it feels. It lacks velocity sensitivity, but makes up for it with confirmed triggering and ruggedness.

If you come out with something similar for the QuNeo, I might be tempted to actually buy that too haha

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:08 am

this is so fantastic.

last night I noodled around: http://youtu.be/asz-ZQ2Fo_g

mots

Post by mots » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:33 am

mots

Post by mots » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

couple of fixes for the script

2013-05-04 :
add: long press on solo to mute/unmute track in instrument mode.
fix: disable implicit arm while leaving instrument mode.

as usual available there : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

BorisGodunov

Post by BorisGodunov » Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi Mots,

I tried it for some days, your script is an outstanding work !

Thanks a lot

ThomThom

Post by ThomThom » Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

yes, very nice so far, worked fine until yesterday.
Today I updated to 9.04 64 bit (windows), now I'm having problems with session record in scale edition mode. It's not working 8O , the clip will simply not record.

Any ideas?
Is it just me having this problem?