Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
regretfullySaid

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

about the beta not working, i cannot plan in advance what API changes the ableton guys will do !
Yup, they seem to be changing it a lot more often lately, though updating may be a pain, I'd like to hope it's because they're adding more to the api, so it's worth it:)

Thx for the update.
ImageImage

bobland

Post by bobland » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Can confirm this fix works on Beta 9.1.2b1.

Thanks for this fix. I thought I was going crazy when it didn't work. Great product. Saved me $600 over Push...for now, anyway.

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:00 am

Is it just me that the "orient." and "absolute root" are swapped as opposed to what was stated in the documentation?

I did modified MainSelectorComponent.py though, but just to enable sending MIDI messages out in User 2 mode.

Excellent work on the new features btw, mots!

mots

Post by mots » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:11 am

Urielkael wrote:Is it just me that the "orient." and "absolute root" are swapped as opposed to what was stated in the documentation?
I did modified MainSelectorComponent.py though, but just to enable sending MIDI messages out in User 2 mode.
Excellent work on the new features btw, mots!
could be i made some mistakes here or there ;)

in the last release beta i added some quick scale feature that allow you to switch rootnote and scale while playing :)
i also fixed a few things around the lock mode in intrument controller and stepseq.

have a try : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... -beta4.zip

I am going to wait for the last beta of live to become the official new version, as this one introduces a compatibility break again, i will then release the new version of L95 officially.

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:32 am

mots wrote:in the last release beta i added some quick scale feature that allow you to switch rootnote and scale while playing :)
Wow. Quick scale mode root note switching + absolute root = chord modulation grid playing dream come true. :D

Awesome!

mots

Post by mots » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 am

Urielkael wrote:
mots wrote:in the last release beta i added some quick scale feature that allow you to switch rootnote and scale while playing :)
Wow. Quick scale mode root note switching + absolute root = chord modulation grid playing dream come true. :D

Awesome!
dont forget the new diatonic 3rd mode, that also is a killer for chords, in particular modal chords theory
Last edited by mots on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urielkael

Post by Urielkael » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

I seem to have discovered some sort of bug. Whole thing freaks out if the project uses group tracks? :?

At first I thought it was a matter of opening larger projects but decided to do a simple test by creating a new empty project and then group some tracks up and immediately the Launchpad (LED) freezes up.

Btw, I'm using Live 9.1.1, not beta. Is this the compatibility break you were referring to?

Also verified that the problem exists in beta2, but not on the last official release.

mots

Post by mots » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:05 am

Hello,

@Urielkael: i fixed the bug with the group track thingy. thanks for reporting.
About the beta, the script is compatible with 9.1.1, but not 9.1.2(beta). i will make it compatible with 9.1.2 as soon that it is released in final.

other big news ! i put together another beta. this beta will for sure be more buggy than the previous one, but there is a good reason for it !
i took the time to add totally new stepsequencer ! this one is closer to what you would find on hardware sequencers, with random functions etc, and also includes what we are used to have now, the scales !

i uploaded this new version on my site at http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... -beta5.zip
the updated documentation is inside the zip.

please report bugs, and suggestions ! and have fun.

mots

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 pm

outrageously amazing :)

urk aka boombleep

Post by urk aka boombleep » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello and thanks A LOT ! I've been looking for a step sequencer for Launchpad for ages, tried a few M4L ones which did not really convince me, until I found yours which is a huge improvement.
One request though : I'd like to print the manual as seen on your web page, but as it's HTML I couldn't do something else than screenprint it, and that's not really working. Would you make it available as a DLable PDF for instance ?
I tried to convert the HTML page to PDF with online tools but the Launchpad images are split between pages...

Thanks a lot for your hard work and especially for the support you provide here, mots : YOU ROCK.

---
http://boombleep.tumblr.com
[-o-] Bass Music livesets from Paris ! ==> http://www.soundcloud.com/boombleep [-o-]

mots

Post by mots » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:39 am

hi all,

i fixed a bunch of bugs in the new step seq. it should be much more useable now.

about the HMTL documentation, i added some css tricks that prevents the browser to span tables over two pages. therefore printing the HTML should be easier now. i know it's as nice as a nice pdf, but i clearly lack the skills to make a nice looking PDF.

i updated the package : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... -beta6.zip

enjoy !

urk aka boombleep

Post by urk aka boombleep » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

mots wrote:about the HMTL documentation, i added some css tricks that prevents the browser to span tables over two pages. therefore printing the HTML should be easier now. i know it's as nice as a nice pdf, but i clearly lack the skills to make a nice looking PDF.
I don't have any printer at home so I took 30mns and made a printable PDF version of the manual.
Here it is if you need it guys ! Enjoy.

PDF LAUNCHPAD 95 MANUAL : http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uOJWw ... XFmb1A4c0k
[-o-] Bass Music livesets from Paris ! ==> http://www.soundcloud.com/boombleep [-o-]

mots

Post by mots » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi All !

it took me some nights, but i finished polishing most of the bugs of this new major version !

here is the list of changes since last official release :

2014-02-27 - major update !
- new melodic step seq !
- updated documentation (more readable, easier to print, nicer look)
- preview of notes in combined step seq (hold 7th scene button and play on the note selector in the lower left corner of the matrix)
- quick scale in instrument mode to quickly change scale while playing
- compatibility with live 9.1.1 and 9.1.2 or above.
- various bugs fixes and improvements.
2014-01-06 - add: diatonic 3rd and sequent and guitar chromatic modes. fix: implicit arm. change: updated documentation
2014-01-06 - fix: track locking in step seq

as usual the package is available on my site :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

check the documentation, some buttons have been relocated in the step seq's.

enjoy ! as usual feel free to report bugs

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 pm

For those using ClyphX with a Launch Pad, you might be interested in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202209

Update: I don't think this will work without a Push (I don't think the Push ClyphX script will work for a Launchpad), so sorry if I hijacked the thread, even if briefly..... :)
Last edited by Buleriachk on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gorskkr

Post by gorskkr » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:10 pm

mots wrote:Hi All !

it took me some nights, but i finished polishing most of the bugs of this new major version !

- compatibility with live 9.1.1 and 9.1.2 or above.

as usual the package is available on my site :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/
Hey Mots thanks again for all that you do. I'm glad you posted this as I believe I have to re-download LP95 after upgrading to mavericks and 64 bit live 9.1.1. For some reason since I've done this, launchpad 95 no longer shows up under my MIDI tab in preferences as it did before... I'm sure it's bc the version I downloaded (maybe 5 months ago?) isn't now compatible. Thanks again good sir!