Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Novation Launchpad Script with Stepsequencer and Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 am

mebitek wrote: I just do not understand how change notes length.
note length is fixed. it is set by the quantization setting (available on the right buttons)
mebitek wrote: Another thing is to change the original mixer control.when you enter the mixer
You have the upper half part of launchpad green without function. Is it possible to merge the session view in the mixer so you can launch clips from mixer view?
these have a function. they are used to reset sends, pan, etc. but i agree not super mega useful.

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am

mots wrote:
mebitek wrote: I just do not understand how change notes length.
note length is fixed. it is set by the quantization setting (available on the right buttons)
mebitek wrote: Another thing is to change the original mixer control.when you enter the mixer
You have the upper half part of launchpad green without function. Is it possible to merge the session view in the mixer so you can launch clips from mixer view?
these have a function. they are used to reset sends, pan, etc. but i agree not super mega useful.
What about to change note length pressing the step button in combination with another button?
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - Behringer UB802 - Alto CLE 4.0 - Fluid Audio C5W - w7 64bit on Sonux DAW i7-4790 16GB RAM
https://mebitek.bandcamp.com - http://www.mebitek.com

mots

Post by mots » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

mebitek wrote: What about to change note length pressing the step button in combination with another button?
that is already used to input multiple notes at once. and i don't want to loose that feature.

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 am

I'm sayng to press the step button in combination with another button that is not a pad but one of the vertical to left border or the horizontal top line.
Another think that I need to know is if there is the possibility to open a group track directly from the launchpad!
thanks a lot for the answers and for the great job!
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - Behringer UB802 - Alto CLE 4.0 - Fluid Audio C5W - w7 64bit on Sonux DAW i7-4790 16GB RAM

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 am

Another think that I need to know is if there is the possibility to open a group track directly from the launchpad!
+1

mots

Post by mots » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 am

Hi folks !

For some time i have had the feeling the launchpad is under used with the stock scripts, this is why i released Launchpad85 in the first place. But it was still missing some ways to play notes on the launchpad, in different tracks, records etc. This time is now behind !

So after some thinking, i updated the script and added a instrument controller, replacing the user mode 1 (the plain old user mode 1 is still available of course). It allows to play on the launchpad in scales, provides tighter integration with live and its drum rack, navigate in tracks and scenes, arm, solo, record etc !

updated the documentation on this page :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

do not hesitate to report problems or bugs you may find.

cheers

foetus666

Re: Launchpad95/85: Instrument Ctrl, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by foetus666 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Mots. The 95 script is awesome:) I am diggin that the new user 1 mode has the session record and track selection.

Is there any way to alter one of the buttons down the right hand side to function as an undo key? I've never messed with scripts but wonder if it is possible as it was the only thing missing from this mode for me.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:16 pm

does the new functionality work with the live8 version too?

{edit}

ooh i see live 9 only
thats a shame :(

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Great new functionality!!! nice shot man!
Just a bug report (I think) after I play a while with new user 1 mode when I come back to the launch scene mode I'm not able to launch any clip. It seems blocked into user 1 mode because when a track is armed and I try to launch scene I can hear the instruments note play. Also launch line buttons act as a midi note key.
Thanks again for your awesome work!

P.S. If I press on user2mode or mixer button launch scene mode come back to work. hope it helps

mots

Post by mots » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi

Thanks for the feedback and comments
foetus666 wrote:Is there any way to alter one of the buttons down the right hand side to function as an undo key?
i updated the script and added this (i removed the octave buttons that are available in the scale edit mode anyway).
mebitek wrote:Just a bug report (I think) after I play a while with new user 1 mode when I come back to the launch scene mode I'm not able to launch any clip. It seems blocked into user 1 mode because when a track is armed and I try to launch scene I can hear the instruments note play. Also launch line buttons act as a midi note key.
thanks for reporting this. i fixed it and updated the script on github and my site.

about live 8, i might look into back porting some features from launchpad 95 to launchpad 85, but it rely on Live 9 API in many areas (mostly the channel feeback).

have fun !

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am

mots wrote: thanks for reporting this. i fixed it and updated the script on github and my site.
ur welcome. so is it possibile to use some button combination to alter note lenght instead of using quantize settings? quantize setting do not permit to write long notes if quantization is low. thanks again a lot!

mots

Post by mots » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

mebitek wrote: so is it possible to use some button combination to alter note length instead of using quantize settings? quantize setting do not permit to write long notes if quantization is low.
i have been thinking about this for a while, also ability to nudge notes, support groove, improve scale configuration (a bit like in the new user mode 1).
i feel that most of these are too complicated for the simple launchpad interface and would get most users lost. i'll try to figure something out at some point.

astralpirate

Post by astralpirate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

I just downloaded and tested this script out on Live 9 and I am thoroughly impressed... The Launchpad is still one of my favorite controllers, and to have all of the unique functionality from Push implemented on a controller that is significantly smaller, lighter, and more versatile is quite awesome... just wanted to give you kudos for making this script and all the work you put into it... if I run into any issues I will let you know, but so far I am just really pleased that this is completely functional... my Launchpad S is very happy! Great work!

el_hambre

Post by el_hambre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 pm

i'm just thinking why i get rid of mine... maybe it's time to pick one.

there's no video?

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 am

I must be missing something here. Running Live 9 (newest) launchpad works fine in normal mode, when I switch the control surface to Launchpad 95 all the lights go off (still sending midi signals though) and no matter what I do no lights come on. Do I need automap installed or something?