Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
zerogravity

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by zerogravity » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:54 am

Please, could you explain me. I record drum tracks using your drumrack mode (inside note mode). As soon as I do some adjustments with track launching or stopping clips, or anything in other modes, even switching tracks in my DAW with a mouse, my "drumrack" gets switched to some other note mode instantly, specifically to diatonic 4th for some reason. It makes my workflow very uncomfortable, to switch that every time I go between drumrack and anything other. Actually that happens to any preset, as I found out. Renders them quite useless imo. Is this a bug?

Also there is no possibility to transpose a drum rack :(

Also a drumrack starts at wired B-2 and after each 8 pads (sounds) 2 semitones are skipped for some reason. Was that an initial idea? Whats the point of it? Maybe my understanding of drumrack is not correct, but I though I could use as a way to control other Drum and Perc instruments, like the ones from Kontakt, that have chromatic mapping.

p.s. Live 9.6 + Launchpad Pro here

p.s. I think it would be great to have some sort of editor, where users would be able to save their presets.

mots

Post by mots » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 pm

zerogravity wrote:Please, could you explain me. I record drum tracks using your drumrack mode (inside note mode). As soon as I do some adjustments with track launching or stopping clips, or anything in other modes, even switching tracks in my DAW with a mouse, my "drumrack" gets switched to some other note mode instantly, specifically to diatonic 4th for some reason. It makes my workflow very uncomfortable, to switch that every time I go between drumrack and anything other. Actually that happens to any preset, as I found out. Renders them quite useless imo. Is this a bug?
this is how the instrument mode and step stequencer work. they follow the active track. this is how the original script work, and i believe also how push work.
but one feature the step sequencer has, is that you can lock it to the currently selected clip (press the last scene button in step seq.)

zerogravity wrote: Also there is no possibility to transpose a drum rack :(
yes. i know. not implemented yet in instrument mode while in drumrack mode. not sure where the bug is. i now support the whole range of launchpad, which means more work. i do what i can on my free time.
zerogravity wrote: Also a drumrack starts at wired B-2 and after each 8 pads (sounds) 2 semitones are skipped for some reason. Was that an initial idea? Whats the point of it? Maybe my understanding of drumrack is not correct, but I though I could use as a way to control other Drum and Perc instruments, like the ones from Kontakt, that have chromatic mapping.
make sure you switch to drumrack mode in the scale edit screen (it should actually do that automatically when you select the drumrack track.
if you are not using drumrack (as it seems to be the case...), then switch to chromatic mode and not diatonic mode...

zerogravity wrote: p.s. I think it would be great to have some sort of editor, where users would be able to save their presets.
feel free to contribute, i do this on my free time. for free.

Pamazay

Post by Pamazay » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:50 am

Love it!

Gerson Anguiano

Post by Gerson Anguiano » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:52 pm

I can't find app resources folder top get to midi remote scripts. I have a mac pro 2010 running OS X 10.11 el capitan and using ableton live 9 lite. Ive tried holding command and control click to open content package but Im not able to see. I have a launchpad mini and I wanna be able to use the step sequencer.

fishdude

Post by fishdude » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:16 am

i just picked up a launchpad mk2, launchpad 95 is pretty sweet but im having trouble in combined mode in the step sequencer. I can't select the second pad from the top on the left hand side in the quadrant that represents the drum rack notes. Any ideas why this note might be missing? In instrument mode its fine, only in combined mode in the step sequencer. It seems to be triggering G0 for some reason???

Thanks!

mots

Post by mots » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:02 am

fishdude wrote:i just picked up a launchpad mk2, launchpad 95 is pretty sweet but im having trouble in combined mode in the step sequencer. I can't select the second pad from the top on the left hand side in the quadrant that represents the drum rack notes. Any ideas why this note might be missing? In instrument mode its fine, only in combined mode in the step sequencer. It seems to be triggering G0 for some reason???

Thanks!
you are in luck ! i just committed a fix for this very buy like 5 minutes ago !

get the last version from my site.

cheers

mots

Post by mots » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:03 am

Gerson Anguiano wrote:I can't find app resources folder top get to midi remote scripts. I have a mac pro 2010 running OS X 10.11 el capitan and using ableton live 9 lite. Ive tried holding command and control click to open content package but Im not able to see. I have a launchpad mini and I wanna be able to use the step sequencer.
there are quite a bunch on many different platforms. and all found it. you must do smth wrong.
https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... te-script/

fishdude

Post by fishdude » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:18 am

mots wrote:you are in luck ! i just committed a fix for this very buy like 5 minutes ago !

get the last version from my site.

cheers

You are the man mots! This remote script is awesome!

Strubbel

Post by Strubbel » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:52 pm

First of all @mots: GREAT, GREAT WORK !!!! Novation should pay you !
Without your script the LPP is only half that useful
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked through the manual for the LaunchpadPro95 script a dozens times, but I'm still confused regarding some points. Maybe you just not implemented some of the mentioned features in the LP-Pro script.
My setup: MacOS X, Launchpad Pro, your latest scripts.
BTW, if I learned more about your script I could support you by modifying your online manual ;-)

1) In note mode the 5th and 6th scene button (green) seem to have no function. No mute, no solo.
2) The quick scale mode enabled does not change the first two rows of the matrix.

3) Is there a way to move the pad overview of a drum rack in note mode ?
4) In drum rack mode switching the octave changes the view from device (i can see the pad selection) to the clip view
5) The note velocity function in drum rack mode seems not to work properly. I'm able to reduce the velocity (by somewhat value ...), but cannot rise the given velocity.
6) I’m not able to change the loop length. Do I have to use the down right area in the drum rack view ?

7) How do I scroll left/right in Multinote Mode ? I moved the cursor in Ableton with the arrow keys but there’s nothing happen on the LPPro.
8 ) The lowest row (root note -> Kick) is overlayed by the loop selector. How do I enter notes for the kick ? Is there a way to scroll the notes row-wise in Multinote mode ?

Greetings !

mots

Post by mots » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Strubbel wrote: 1) In note mode the 5th and 6th scene button (green) seem to have no function. No mute, no solo.
2) The quick scale mode enabled does not change the first two rows of the matrix.
not implemented yet...
Strubbel wrote: 3) Is there a way to move the pad overview of a drum rack in note mode ?
4) In drum rack mode switching the octave changes the view from device (i can see the pad selection) to the clip view
known bugs :/

Strubbel wrote: 5) The note velocity function in drum rack mode seems not to work properly. I'm able to reduce the velocity (by somewhat value ...), but cannot rise the given velocity.
you mean in the note mode ? there is no velocity function. in the step seq it should take the velocity of the pad as you press the note pad.
Strubbel wrote: 6) I’m not able to change the loop length. Do I have to use the down right area in the drum rack view ?
to change the loop length you press the start, hold it, and press then the end button. should work.
Strubbel wrote: 7) How do I scroll left/right in Multinote Mode ? I moved the cursor in Ableton with the arrow keys but there’s nothing happen on the LPPro.
not implemented... to be fair i dont use the multi note mode and i found the other mode more useful.
Strubbel wrote: 8 ) The lowest row (root note -> Kick) is overlayed by the loop selector. How do I enter notes for the kick ? Is there a way to scroll the notes row-wise in Multinote mode ?
i will have to check on that one.

as you guessed quite a few functions are missing/not implemented yet.
i kind of use the scripts in the state they are for now, mostly due to lack of time to polish them.
i would happily welcome help, send your pull requests guys :)

oh and thanks for the warm words :)

cheers

logicbomb.de

Post by logicbomb.de » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:30 pm

mots wrote:
Hex Digital wrote:
mots wrote: that involves reading the manual. :P
yes there is a button for that. if you dont want to read the manual.you can try all the scenes buttons one after the other :)
holding scene button 7 while playing drum pads (aka One Handed Finger Drumming Mode) is not exactly what I am talking about but it'll work. thanks :)
trigger sound and add a note in the clip at the same time, no. sorry. this is a bit specific...
and that would be annoying after sometime. like this monitor button in the clip edit :)
I apologize if this has been answered before, but is there a way to reverse the function of the "hold-Velocity to audition drum sound" button?

instead of holding the velocity scene button to hear the drum sound when the note is selected, is there a way to have it always play the sound when selecting the pad and have it NOT trigger the sound when holding the Velocity key?

I imagine there would be a way to edit this in the python script, but I wouldn't know what to look for in the .py file =(

I can take direction well though, so if there was a way that a simple change in the script could reverse the Velocity scene button in the Drum sequencer, that'd be amazing! or maybe I'm just bad at reading the manual and theres a button I can press to reverse it lol

cheers
Live 9 Suite | Push | APC40 MKI | Bass Station II | Roland Tr-8 | Yamaha EX7 | Novation Remote SL49| NI Komplete Audio 6 | Launchpad Mini| LEAP Motion w/ GECO MIDI |

logicbomb.de

Post by logicbomb.de » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 pm

logicbomb.de wrote:
I apologize if this has been answered before, but is there a way to reverse the function of the "hold-Velocity to audition drum sound" button?

instead of holding the velocity scene button to hear the drum sound when the note is selected, is there a way to have it always play the sound when selecting the pad and have it NOT trigger the sound when holding the Velocity key?

I imagine there would be a way to edit this in the python script, but I wouldn't know what to look for in the .py file =(

I can take direction well though, so if there was a way that a simple change in the script could reverse the Velocity scene button in the Drum sequencer, that'd be amazing! or maybe I'm just bad at reading the manual and theres a button I can press to reverse it lol

cheers
My apologies if bumping a thread is not allowed.

if so, Mods please delete this reply.

thanks!
Live 9 Suite | Push | APC40 MKI | Bass Station II | Roland Tr-8 | Yamaha EX7 | Novation Remote SL49| NI Komplete Audio 6 | Launchpad Mini| LEAP Motion w/ GECO MIDI |

oktopus

Post by oktopus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi,

I'm using this wonderful script everyday and I love it. It's brilliant work.

I'm having an issue with the chain selector and the instrument mode (user mode 1 button turned on orange).
Here is my setup :

I'm using 2 drum racks and an analog synth on this track.

The first drum rack (BlueMoon) works perfectly, some pads are turned on green, meaning that there are samples loaded in the rack. I can play them normally without any problem and the light feedback works fine too.
The problem starts with the second drum rack (Rollers). I have samples in there too, I can play them with the pads and I have light feedback BUT the pads are not turned on green.
The same problem occurs with the Analog synth (80s Wavepad) as well, the pads are not showing anything except the orange feedback.

This problem occurs regardless of the position of the chain selector.

Here is my MIDI setup in Live (I've tried different setups but nothing solved my problem) :

Is this the normal behavior of the script ?
Does someone have an idea of what I can do to fix that ?
Macbook Pro late 2012 - osx 10.10.5 - Live 9.6.1 - Launchpad mini

mots

Post by mots » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:36 pm

logicbomb.de wrote:
logicbomb.de wrote:

cheers
My apologies if bumping a thread is not allowed.

if so, Mods please delete this reply.

thanks!
hi, sorry been busy lately.

this is for sure possible, but i dont see why not use the instrument mode for that then ? :)
i dont see how to add the feature in a simple way, all buttons are used (if not triple used with long press etc....)

sorry.

mots

Post by mots » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 pm

oktopus wrote:Hi,

I'm using this wonderful script everyday and I love it. It's brilliant work.

I'm having an issue with the chain selector and the instrument mode (user mode 1 button turned on orange).
Here is my setup :

I'm using 2 drum racks and an analog synth on this track.

The first drum rack (BlueMoon) works perfectly, some pads are turned on green, meaning that there are samples loaded in the rack. I can play them normally without any problem and the light feedback works fine too.
The problem starts with the second drum rack (Rollers). I have samples in there too, I can play them with the pads and I have light feedback BUT the pads are not turned on green.
The same problem occurs with the Analog synth (80s Wavepad) as well, the pads are not showing anything except the orange feedback.

This problem occurs regardless of the position of the chain selector.

Here is my MIDI setup in Live (I've tried different setups but nothing solved my problem) :

Is this the normal behavior of the script ?
Does someone have an idea of what I can do to fix that ?

the script is somewhat chain un-aware, so this would be a quite possible bug. but i have no idea yet how to fix it. and to be honest i kind of use launchpad95 as it is and moved on to other project. (secretly hoping some other dev would join and propose bug fixes or improvements.)