Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
lu57

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by lu57 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:14 pm

mots wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:18 pm
"For Launchpad X and Launchpad Mini MK3, make sure to select "MIDI" Ports and not the "DAW" ports."
Ok thanks, indeed the MIDI ports under W10 are "LPX MIDI (port 2)"! :)

slprdcr

Post by slprdcr » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:31 am

Does the latest version of Ableton break Quick Scale mode for anyone else? the layout doesn't load on my Launchpad X although the message appears in the status bar that it has been enabled.

Meuk

Post by Meuk » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm

I'm just starting with Launchpad95 + Launchpad S... but how can I select a clip so I can see it's midi notes? On my APC Key I press SHIFT + the midi clip...

eatenbyfnord

Post by eatenbyfnord » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I tried searching with no result. I'm trying to install this script for Live 9.7, on a Windows 10 machine. The folder path mentioned on the 95 website (C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts) doesn't seem to exist. Where should it go?

mots

Post by mots » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Happy New Year all!

Launchpad has been updated to support Ableton Live 11 :)
https://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_No ... e_Scripts/

Changes:
2020-12-16 - Support for Live 11. User mode 1 and 2 are now disabled by default. They can be enabled from Settings.py

Sejean.bal

Post by Sejean.bal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:36 pm

mots wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:24 pm
Happy New Year all!

Launchpad has been updated to support Ableton Live 11 :)

Changes:
2020-12-16 - Support for Live 11. User mode 1 and 2 are now disabled by default. They can be enabled from Settings.py
Thank you for your work in creating these updates! I wondered if there is an update for Launchpad Pro as well? I loved using the step sequencer with my LPP. Thanks again!

lemongrab

Post by lemongrab » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:45 am

Can’t seem to see the LaunchPad95 to show up as a port?
Running 10.0.1
----------------
UNACCEPTABLE!

ellicottvilleny

Post by ellicottvilleny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:33 am

Person who can't get it to show up: You usually don't have the correct file and folder layout if it doesn't show up at all as a port/device-type.
If you have a look in your computer at C:\Users\<youruser>\Documents\Ableton\User Library\Remote Scripts\Launchpad95 there should be a bunch of .py files and some subfolders. If you just unpacked stuff and didn't pay precise attention to the unpacked content, and copied another folder into launchpad95 or the name isn't Launchpad95, then it won't work. ie if you have C:\Users\<youruser>\Documents\Ableton\User Library\Remote Scripts\Launchpad95\LaunchPad95 then you are not yet used to the wonders of Zip and Unzipping files and folders yet.

I just discovered LaunchPad95, on my first actual day with a used Novation LaunchPad MK1 that I obtained on reverb.com for not much. The utility of this thing is truly fantastic.

One confusing thing for me as a new Ableton live user, when a track is armed in the session view there is a lighter or darker red way of tracks being armed. If no tracks are armed and I go to the User1-instrument-mode and use the left/right Page buttons to change active tracks (so great!) it arms the active track for me, if and only if no other track has an arm on it. What I would like is for my livesets/session-state not to have these "brighter red" armed states on some tracks, because that messes up the ability to actually use the push-like workflow where I could select a track, and then record a clip into a row on one of my tracks.

Screenshot

Anyone who has spent more than one day with Ableton Live will probably know what the deal is with this bright red and dark red stuff.
If the scripts could always ensure that all tracks are NOT armed and then the track I select is ALWAYS armed, I would find that incredibly useful.

I actually know a little python, I could try a fork and make my own mods to this awesome thing.

lemongrab

Post by lemongrab » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 pm

I’m the guy that can’t see it as a port
I have an unzipped folder called "Launchpad95" from the latest version of L95 githup repo in both
/Users/<user name>/Documents/Ableton Library/Library/Remote Scripts
and
/Users/<user name>/Music/Ableton/User Library/Remote Scripts
as per the instructions here:

It’s still not there
----------------
UNACCEPTABLE!

lemongrab

Post by lemongrab » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 pm

ok so almost immediately after this I found out why this went wrong. Posting it here in case I can help someone…

In Preferences:

You can’t have Launchpad listed twice, as Launchpad and Launchpad95 in the Control Surface column. It has to be just Launchpad95, then Launchpad in Input and Launchpad in output.

What messed me up is that Live’s font was too small. In the MIDI ports section, the text was too long for me to see that the words LaunchPad95 had replaced LaunchPad.

Another day, another problem between the keyboard and the chair…
----------------
UNACCEPTABLE!

Peaverin

Post by Peaverin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:11 am

Hello,
I see that velocity of each step of the drum sequencer can be changed. The question is: if you are using a velocity sensitive launchpad (like launchpad X), will the keys be registered with the sensitive when setting the steps? Would try it myself but I haven't deciding on buying the launchpad yet.

Thanks!

billybuck1

Post by billybuck1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:13 pm

I would think no, as step sequencers typically have some other function for setting velocities, whether it’s re-pressing a key to step through velocity levels, or, as with Launchpad95, a separate screen to control levels per step. I do think the script will pass velocity info if you’re playing in the keys mode, though. Just my conjecture.

feothan

Post by feothan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:52 pm

Hello!

I love, and rely upon, your launchpad95 script. It's an amazing thing, and an great service you've provided.

That said, I have not been able to get it to work with the current Ableton 11 Beta build. Not surprising, maybe, since it's so new. Has anyone had it up-and-running with 11?

Best,
Pete Williams

P.S. Should have said: running Ableton 11.0b29. February 8 build.

feothan

Post by feothan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:56 am

feothan wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:52 pm
Hello!

I love, and rely upon, your launchpad95 script. It's an amazing thing, and a great service you've provided.

That said, I have not been able to get it to work with the current Ableton 11 Beta build. Not surprising, maybe, since it's so new. Has anyone had it up-and-running with 11?

Best,
Pete Williams

P.S. Should have said: running Ableton 11.0b29. February 8 build.

Obbekjaer

Post by Obbekjaer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 am

It seems that it isn't working with the release of Live 11 either, at least not with my Launchpad Mk2.

There's no light in any pads or light response when pressed. And when loading a drum rack the mapping is all over the place including the Stop/Mute/Solo buttons on the side.

I hope there will be an update soon :) I previously used nativeKontrols's Arsenal scripts but they also stopped working and there doesn't seem to be much activity on their forum sadly. Which is why I turned to this one that seems to be pretty similar in the step sequencer layout that I already know and love.