All times are UTC

Post subject: Timing shift with midi notes and automating that?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 am 

In FL Studio on each channel that has a sample loaded into it, there is a time shift knob that u can turn up and down. Down is 0 ms shifted, and u can turn it all the way up to 6 ms shifted to the right. This is an awesome feature. ALSO you can AUTOTMATE that knob with an lfo or anything else you want to shift the time in varying degrees throughout the bar(s). And you can automate that automation. And so on as much as you want. Can Ableton do this? If so please tell me how. Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Timing shift with midi notes and automating that?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 am 

any1?

Post subject: Re: Timing shift with midi notes and automating that?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:02 am 

ddeez wrote:
In FL Studio on each channel that has a sample loaded into it, there is a time shift knob that u can turn up and down. Down is 0 ms shifted, and u can turn it all the way up to 6 ms shifted to the right. This is an awesome feature. ALSO you can AUTOTMATE that knob with an lfo or anything else you want to shift the time in varying degrees throughout the bar(s). And you can automate that automation. And so on as much as you want. Can Ableton do this? If so please tell me how. Thanks!!!

Well, there is the track delay function, but it can't be automated AFAIK and even if you could it messes with latency so there would be clicks. Added latency doesn't have to be a problem if you can live with it, but most of the time one is striving to minimize performance latency and everything adds up.

With clips you can actually affect the start point, but as far as I know this is in 16th increments which probably too crude. This does affect playback in real-time in that the playback jumps to where it would have been if the new start point had been used, which is a feature for editing and likely an obstruction for performance. There may be some way around this, but if so I'm not aware of it.