iPhone crash: all purchased Apps lost forever?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: iPhone crash: all purchased Apps lost forever?

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm

lmfao! for real. :D

go ahead and post all your general life questions here.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Ah, I miss the General forum! :D Actually im so slow on changing habits that im still living in the General world. Havent get used to the Lounge yet. It confuses me. YES, im dumb like that. You are right Tone, of course. This year I have begun using the "view new posts" link. Makes it easier to follow all the places around here. Im going to do my best to try to learn to post stuff like this on the Launcepad.. eh, I mean the Ladies roo... no, what was it again? What ever it is.. Lounge!! I will learn to use it by the end if this year, mark my words!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 am

or not, this is the Ableton forum, it's been known to be a little weird. the only angle I'm coming from is what if everyone did the same (hundreds of users), it'd bury the music and Live stuff. I also only say that as a poster, it doesn't matter what I think. it's pretty much the same whining people have been doing since before the Lounge, I had the same stance then. do what you want, the ship will right itself the ghost moderators will set things right. if anything you're being super cool which is the most important thing.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 am

Oh yeah,

I forgot there is a lounge.

Tbh I preferred it before. I def hang out here less as there is less of interest on the main forum.

one of my fave things of yore was the variety of interesting threads on here. YRMV though...
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:02 pm

tw1nstates, you might know this, but if you hit the "view new posts" link in the upper right corner, you get 2 pages of new posts from all the places around here. Its an easy way to get a "birds view"/the whole picture, like it used to be on General.

FrankieP

Post by FrankieP » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Thank Apple for iCloud! If you go in to the App Store, tap on "Updates", your should see the "Purchased" tab and all you have to do is go under "Not On This Phone" and you could re-download all your purchased apps. It will prompt you to log-in to your account before download.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 pm

As an irresponsible app purchaser I would probably welcome this scenario as an opportunity to start fresh. I have far too many apps sitting on my idevice drives that I haven’t touched in forever but in my head I think I might some day, but if I had to redownload and install I probably wouldn’t.

The idevice App Store/Mac App Store/iCloud integration is genius. The App Store for Macs works similarly. If your drive crashes, you have multiple Macs, or you get a new Mac all it takes is one purchase and you can install all or some of the apps to any Mac that is tied to your Apple ID. That sounds Apple fanboyish but I’m sure PC users would also welcome that option.

To steer this topic to being music related. Imagine if all music software developers embraced the Mac App Store. When you get a new computer you would no longer need to go through the agony of different install and authorization methods used by different developers. You’d just go to the Purchased screen on the App Store and install what you want regardless of developer and it would all be the current version and authorized. And the App Store also auto-populates available software updates you can download and install. No more going from developer to developer site wondering if there is an updated version. The App Store just knows. Heaven.