cant Live make the clips I sample a part of my recording ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jbo

Post by Jbo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:53 pm

sweet Jesus what a nice post

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

Jbo

Post by Jbo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:11 pm

It has to be something I am not doing that is my hangup something I have never done in my particular audio setup

using aardvark direct-pro,presently manages ultra-lowlatencies
before I had been using "tascam" s US224 =ok

when I get more of a handle on the aardvark's virtual mixingconsole/interface things could be affected
there is as "routing" option I can barely get to function basically.. much less with special routing preferences..

I know I should search the aard channels more tenaciously
I did hear about their belly-upping though I hate to report.. an update would be cool

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

borg

Post by borg » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:10 pm

remember doing it the the 'audio card' way induces added latency. i don't know about the aardvark, but the RME and creamware cards i use can do it. you should assign the cue out to, lets say 'out 3/4', and route this in the aardvark routing software to some inputs used by Live (if possible).

but playing from the browser is monophonic, and gives you no control over warping. the sample gets cut off when you trigger a new one... well, if it suits your needs, why not.

you do know you don't have to load audio files one by one from the browser to the session grid? you can make a really big selection and drag this to the session. if you set the global quantization to 'none'. you get quasi similar results.

anyway, the thing you want is not available as a routing option in live itself, only through the audio card workaround. so you might better head to the Feature Wishlist forum then.
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

Jbo

Post by Jbo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:43 pm

how very interesting Borg and I am so happy to get your attention here as well as very grateful.... thanks much man I believe I am destined to get enlightened after this

I can hardly fathom that this idea was not an actual capacity Live has always featured... just based on their descriptive advertisements as I perceived what they had been saying about playing the application like an instrument you know?
I mean I love Live totally I use it instead of any other application.. just about except gpo of course and thats just essentially an instrument itself
I always am accustomed to realizing there's always a world of utility available from Live I totally am not using at any one given period of use...

But I was really off this time

To me when I think of triggering from my list in the browser of .wavs I am excited just thinking about the diverse random every kind of sounding sequences i never could have dreamed of...

Right now i create a lot of what i do from my own recordings of my own playing as an intended standard sort of, but i am not bashful about using all that is available too and the more i can augment my own computer aided-ness... the better .. as i see it...

OK But what about when the manual talks about your actions all being recorded into the session slots? or whereever they mean.. its says not recording new audio but your actions, would that not mean the clips you launch? would like be sequenced to replay as you originally did...?

Jbo

Post by Jbo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:49 pm

borg wrote: you can make a really big selection and drag this to the session. if you set the global quantization to 'none'. you get quasi similar results.
from where do you do this ?

borg

Post by borg » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:00 am

Jbo wrote:OK But what about when the manual talks about your actions all being recorded into the session slots? or whereever they mean.. its says not recording new audio but your actions, would that not mean the clips you launch? would like be sequenced to replay as you originally did...?
there's a slight nuance...

live records everything you do in the session into arrangement if you hit record. the live browser is just that: a browser with the capability of auditioning audio files through the cue outs before throwing them in the session grid or arrangement.
nothing in the manual mentions that cueing samples will be recorded. ask the abes to make the cue out available to being recorded is all i can say.

it's been a tiring fora day... i'm off to bed. unless some totally wicked scheme comes up in my dreams, this is as far as i can help :wink:
andy

borg

Post by borg » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:04 am

Jbo wrote:
borg wrote: you can make a really big selection and drag this to the session. if you set the global quantization to 'none'. you get quasi similar results.
from where do you do this ?
ok... this is the last one.

from the browser. just like you would select a lot of files in regular folder.
i'm really tired, so if this is sounding weird, look somewhere here on the forum for the speedyJ interview, watch the video, and somewhere in the movie, he does what i just told you...
andy