Macro mapping problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jedeye

Macro mapping problem

Post by jedeye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm making a drum rack and i want to save the mapping of parameters of each pad i.e transpose, loop length etc to a macro and save the whole rack as a template. I do that but when i drag another drum sound to the pad to replace the previous one the mapping i saved is lost and re-sets, is there a way to 'lock' it in? Thanks - Jed
Live 6, Sony Vaio Core Duo t2050, 1 gig Ram, Faderfox Lv2, E-MU 0404 external SC, Oxygen 8 keyboard, Kore, Komplete 4 .Korg Legacy.

jedeye

Re: Macro mapping problem

Post by jedeye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Live has a largely undocumented feature that enables you to save default actions and settings for a number of different operations and devices. In Live's file Browser, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings \ <username> \ My Documents \ Ableton \ Library \ Defaults (Windows). You will see a number of folders for Live's instruments and effects, and also for Dropping Samples and Slicing. Open the Dropping Samples folder, and then the subfolder 'On Drum Rack'. You can save a default Simpler patch here with your preferred settings, and Live will apply these to any samples dropped in the future. The easiest way to save your default patch is drag a Simpler that you've already set up in a Drum Rack to the folder in the Browser.

I navigated to 'defaults' but there is no 'Dropping Samples folder' just a 'slicing' folder, very odd.
Live 6, Sony Vaio Core Duo t2050, 1 gig Ram, Faderfox Lv2, E-MU 0404 external SC, Oxygen 8 keyboard, Kore, Komplete 4 .Korg Legacy.

jedeye

Re: Macro mapping problem

Post by jedeye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 pm

From the manual. To specify how Live behaves when dragging a sample to a Drum Rack or the Track View of a MIDI track:
Create an empty Simpler or Sampler Adjust the parameters as you like Drag the edited device to the On Drum Rack or On Track View folder, which can be found at Library/Defaults/Dropping Samples

Where is this folder??? :?