THANKS ABLETON FOR THE FREE RETRO SYNTHS !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: THANKS ABLETON FOR THE FREE RETRO SYNTHS !!!

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:58 pm

or an xy (remoteSL stylee).. :mrgreen:
Love it !

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Hermanus wrote:old old old... why are you so focused on this word.

Where have you heard TB303 is old stuff? this device is over and well used in many tracks.
The man behind the machine makes magic from it, pushing limits, adding his own touch.
PencilRocket wrote:
But I don't use old sampled synth sound to produce new song
Huge error man, an old synth doesn't mean old sounding... let try it and add your touch.

They gently give us this pack for free, this doesn't mean we cant modify or enhance them.
Basslab is quite amazing for example... combine it with the teebee and you got richness

Once again thanks for this marvelous pack. Nice move from puremagnetik and Ableton :wink:
Like I said I don't complain. It will help some aspect. I just wrote my thought. Old isn't necessarily insult.
Anubis wrote:Thanks Ableton! The Moog Opus soundset is a very nice addition. Didn't they make a budget model for Radio Shack?

Yea these gear are nice that we can pull sound from them by ourselves.

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Where's 3phase?

the0verclock

Post by the0verclock » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Glad peeps are enjoying the Retro! Don't forget us in your Grammy speeches.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:27 pm

yeah... 8)

Drake44444

Post by Drake44444 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Still on Live 7, worth upgrading for these? Otherwise was going to wait till 9.

I use live mainly for production. I had a puremagnetik subscription awhile back and have a few of these. The bass ones are cool, not sure if the rest is worth it. Lets say approx $100 value at most.

It includes the following Puremagnetik Micropaks:

* Analog Bass Volume 1, an impressive selection of over 50 multi-sampled programs direct from classics such as the Minimoog, Roland TB-303, ARP 2600 and the Doepfer Modular.
* Analog Bass Volume 2, a complete bass soundset focusing entirely on the classic Korg MS20 synthesizer.
* P-50 Linear, an elaborate collection of racks inspired by the legendary Roland D50.
* Phazeform Volume 1, a captivating library based on Casio's Phase Distortion technology of the CZ-1.
* String Machines, with more than 250 MB of lush sounds recorded directly from the string synths of the 1970s.
* TeeBee, based on the Roland TB-303, includes heavy acid bass lines, squelchy resonant leads and thick analog sounds.
* Vector, which instantly turns Ableton Live into a full-blown production workstation that includes a huge library of wave sequences, attack transients and vector morphing.
* Vintage 80s Classics, a stunning collection of lush 1980s synth sounds captured directly from an Oberheim Matrix 6.
* Newly added: Waveframe, based on the Ensoniq Fizmo, provides complex, evolving sounds from this classic wavetable synthesizer.

I want to upgrade, but don't like $200 for a later version, when as a student I could buy the entire thing for $400. I think I might be able to get by waiting 8-10 months until upgrading to 9.

the0verclock

Post by the0verclock » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

FYI - that's slightly outdated copy from our old product page at Puremagnetik, so add to that...

Newly added: Modular Patterns, a huge collection of thick basses, resonant leads and other sounds and phrases played through analog modular systems.

Newly added: Opus, featuring the lush string, brass and organ sounds of the Moog Opus 3.

Drake44444

Post by Drake44444 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 pm

the0verclock wrote:FYI - that's slightly outdated copy from our old product page at Puremagnetik, so add to that...

Newly added: Modular Patterns, a huge collection of thick basses, resonant leads and other sounds and phrases played through analog modular systems.

Newly added: Opus, featuring the lush string, brass and organ sounds of the Moog Opus 3.

Thanks, Modular patterns does sound pretty cool.

stevjlei

Post by stevjlei » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Thank very much you for the free gift. Whats for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Stev

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm

I had an Opus 3 back in the 80's for playing Flock of Seagulls covers in my grade school cover band. Wish I still had it but the sample set is giving me great flashbacks. Thanks PM.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 pm

:| Sounds old?!?...

Well isn't it called RETRO Synths! What did you guys think it would sound like!?

ChrisIhao

Post by ChrisIhao » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Don't be so aggressive boy. Oldie sound is oldie. If you have to make it sound new you'd better to use other sound to work effectively. And also I didn't get any vein of new sound just from their sound demo on the web site. They are too thin comparing to recent sound. Niche audience will be excited with oldies though.
Aggressive is obviously a relative term if my previous comment was interpreted as such. You are naturally free to mean whatever you want but I still think you are wrong. In regards to the "thin" sound on the demos I actually prefer that, as demos with dozens of effects and/or layers are misrepresenting the core audio, like so many demos do.

Anyhow, peace man. I'm just happy I got another Pure pack, and a big one at that, for free.

PS: I realized today that I had more than half of the packs from before, having been a PM subscriber for over a year and having bought a few complete packs back in the time. Oh well, typical that it overlaps, but then again I got them in several formats. Cheers.

wheat

Post by wheat » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Amen to all that. Downloaded the new sounds yesterday and I'm having a blast auditioning them all. Lots of useful stuff here. A great gift!

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 am

ChrisIhao wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:Don't be so aggressive boy. Oldie sound is oldie. If you have to make it sound new you'd better to use other sound to work effectively. And also I didn't get any vein of new sound just from their sound demo on the web site. They are too thin comparing to recent sound. Niche audience will be excited with oldies though.
Aggressive is obviously a relative term if my previous comment was interpreted as such. You are naturally free to mean whatever you want but I still think you are wrong. In regards to the "thin" sound on the demos I actually prefer that, as demos with dozens of effects and/or layers are misrepresenting the core audio, like so many demos do.
Fat sound is almost always more useful than thin. It is more difficult to add harmonics than notch it. Same goes to using synth. Subtractive is easier than additive. Adding harmonics naturally is difficult more ofthen than not. I prefer ritched harmonics phat sound as I can cut and boost every frequency easily with sound kept natual. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying all in that pack lacks richness of harmonics.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:28 am

Since downloading these I've sat down meaning to try them out, and how they might fit with a song I've been working on. Instead I've actually recorded guitar and bass parts and used some other synths/pianos I already had!

So hurrah for Retro Synths; it's got me working properly on my songs again, and I still have the excitement that I haven't tried them out yet!!! And they may well be what's in my head for my outro section! :D