Future Music 243 In The Studio with Fred Falke!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrankieP

Future Music 243 In The Studio with Fred Falke!

Post by FrankieP » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Got my copy in the mail yesterday and just finished watching the "In The Studio" series featuring Fred Falke. This episode has got to be the best one FM ever made. Now this might sound like a bit of man-love and wanting to go out and Falke the guy 8O , but I enjoyed watching him work on a track from scratch and he seems like a fun guy to hang out with. Plus, he's uber talented with the bass guitar. Of course, he's using Ableton Live all throughout. The FM video is a definite must-see!

rockspin

Re: Future Music 243 In The Studio with Fred Falke!

Post by rockspin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:19 pm

awesome, I love Fred Falke!

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Awesome, can't wait to watch. Thanks for the tip..

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Doesn't he realize that Live has inferior sound quality?
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 pm

I watched one of these with Umek a few months ago, was quite good video and he shared some canny advice on different ways he approaches the tracks hes doing, always cool to see how different people approach there workflow from each other.

On the other hand i saw one with i think it was one of the swedish mafia guys and it was one most boring videos i ever watched, i lost hour of my life cause of that lol.
Alex!

FrankieP

Post by FrankieP » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:01 am

mbird21 wrote:I watched one of these with Umek a few months ago, was quite good video and he shared some canny advice on different ways he approaches the tracks hes doing, always cool to see how different people approach there workflow from each other.

On the other hand i saw one with i think it was one of the swedish mafia guys and it was one most boring videos i ever watched, i lost hour of my life cause of that lol.
Steve Angello?
What I really like about this episode with Falke is that he uses a lot of free stuff ( Togu Audio Line's UNO-62) even if he has the holy grail of synths at his disposal (CS-80). Of course he gets to play around with the monster and he's not a shabby keyboard player I must say. The impromptu chords that he whipped out of that CS-80 is just pure genius and very musical. After a couple of minutes of improvisation and chord changes, he records separately what his left hand was playing from his right and soon you realize that he had just whipped out an awesome bassline for the track while messing around with the brass patch from his CS-80.
The other free stuff he used was TAL Chorus and Ohmforce Quadfrohmage.
You guys really need to check it out.