online schools???? any body

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gilbertgold

online schools???? any body

Post by gilbertgold » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm

has any body tried one out? im looking into one (Point Blank) just looking to hear some feed back on other schools or anything.

thanks

mbird21

Re: online schools???? any body

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Hey mate im at Point Blank now :lol: on a 6 month course, cannot fault it! even online ones are really really great, especially the dvr part you can learn alot so you still get to contact in terms of trance, mike koglin, martin roth etc on the video feedback as if you where doing the actual school placement itself, only difference is pete tong isint on the online ones and some other things, but nah mate if you got money and your realistic about what you doing it for, it wont make you a great producer its aim is to just explain things and show you how and then you go and craft your own way, but for me it saved endless hours trolling through youtube and give me structure something personally i need, i cant do anything without structure im just not that clever 8)
Alex!

gilbertgold

Post by gilbertgold » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:48 am

sounds great! thanks for the reply, it helps!

GilbertGold

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:19 am

macprovideo.com

Olav gives some great tutorials on Live and Logic. If you have any Native Instrument products, there's hours of tutorials.

Groove3 is okay and Sonic Academy is great if you own Sylenth.

macprovideo is the one though
Last edited by djadonis206 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 am

Dubspot.com. Ableton Course and EMF. Learning all I need to know and more,
peep their tutorials and see for yourself. Makes me wish I lived in NYC to attend the physical course, but being able to work on your own time and get great feedback is badass.

gjm

Post by gjm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 am

djadonis206 wrote:macprovideo.com

Olav gives some great, tutorials on Live and Logic. If you any Native Instrument products there's hours of tutorials.

macprovideo is the one though
Been disappointed at the last couple I got from MPV. Quality of presenter was poor IMHO. Was once a pretty committed fan but will look around a little more now to see what is on offer.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 pm

WISH1 wrote:Dubspot.com. Ableton Course and EMF. Learning all I need to know and more,
peep their tutorials and see for yourself. Makes me wish I lived in NYC to attend the physical course, but being able to work on your own time and get great feedback is badass.
8O 8O 8O

13000$ ffs...
you know how much gear that buys ?! wtf ?!!
I see it's 15% off sale.. yeah.. thanks.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:27 pm

gilbertgold wrote:has any body tried one out? im looking into one (Point Blank) just looking to hear some feed back on other schools or anything.

thanks
I might be pointing you in a different track..so sorry for that..
it's more important that you get hands on training.. and network with 'real people'..
so if it's not a 'physical' school..
I would advise against..(unless $ is not an issue)

now listen to some sense..
between 'google'...'youtube'... 'wikipedia'... 'soundOnSound' and many ..many other sources.. including books
you can get the best of knowledge from the best of people..
if you need (personal)guidance .. you have this and many other forums on the subjects..
a bunch of people (some are teachers/producers/musicians as well I might add) ..would be glad to help you along the way..

so basically they're (dubspot) offering a curriculum.. but putting that (much) extra $ for a curriculum..
whilst you can get it for free and construct it on your own using all those sources mentioned...
which are mostly reliable..
all I'm saying is ...you're gonna wish you had that $ when it's gear purchasing time (which comes sooner than later)

sorry I'm a bit shocked at the price-tag over at dubspot...
maybe I've missed something ..does it include a MBP+Live+Komplete ?
don't get me wrong ... looks like a serious/comprehensive thing there.. but daaaammmnnnn!!!

even with tutors... you can get as far.. the rest is always up to you anyways..

gilbertgold

Post by gilbertgold » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:33 am

thanks for all the feedback...helps out!

Nav

Post by Nav » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 pm

If you want it more affordable

Try http://www.sonicacademy.com/

I'm currently using the operator sound design videos from Nicks Tutorials they are brilliant!

http://nickstutorials.com/

NF

Post by NF » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Guys,

online courses are nice in fact of concentrated and replayable material.

I'm since 2010 a (feelance) teacher of a "real" course "digital music production with Ableton Live".
I have to say that even a 4h course (one a month with one course) with 8~10 people and a relative good structured lesson (relative because of many inter-questions- I like that, but I want also focus the lessons stuff) is not enough to let the pupils independently produce creative own output.
I also give after every lesson homework and every 3~4 courses I give for 2~3 pupils a ~3h consultation lesson. I offer individual consultation hours- the pupils ask me to make this lesson.

So I see that there is a big demand on indivudial service.
I have to say that in my course it is important that the user builts his own track in his chosen style of electronic music. So I handle every question in the right music-style.

please allow me some advertisement for me and my course:
If you come from Berlin or near by and have interest, you are welcome to visit us at:
http://www.facebook.com/vibraschoolberlin
in the discussions you see the lessons plan.

--> the yellow mobile pics will be replaced soon! :wink:
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.