CAN I GET THIS SORTED ONCE AND FOR ALL

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BAMBEROO

CAN I GET THIS SORTED ONCE AND FOR ALL

Post by BAMBEROO » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:13 am

Ok I consider myself to be pretty competent with Ableton having used it since Live 4 however there's just one avenue Ive never perfected, and it gets me frustrated-here goes.........
Ive created a pretty cool drum rack with an old 80`s orchestra stab on each pad from C1 to B1 on the keyboard triggering the consecutive pads, ive saved this rack in the browser and can recall it any time no problem.Now I want to send this rack to my mate, who has the same system.-I tried collect all and save- manage files manage set, manage project etc save external files and create live pack as per the manual,and sent the ALP file to my mate. He opened the file and the rack was there -but no sounds????????
so how do we do this and where am I going wrong. We`ve been trying for years but it never works- I just want to send the rack including the samples on the respective pads, so he can open it up exactly the same at his end-is that too much to ask???

Tympanic

Re: CAN I GET THIS SORTED ONCE AND FOR ALL

Post by Tympanic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:16 am

save the project under a new name in a new location. then click collect and save. then zip the whole project folder. then send that folder.
it won´t work if you just send the .alp file. you need to zip and send the whole project folder.

cheers
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 am

wow thanks for the amazingly quick suggestion- Ive done what you say, and sent it to my mate .Ill get back when I see if Ive conquered the prob- Ill be over the moon if I have -watch this space and thanks a lot (pity this wasn't in the manual!!)

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Tympanic wrote:save the project under a new name in a new location. then click collect and save. then zip the whole project folder. then send that folder.
it won´t work if you just send the .alp file. you need to zip and send the whole project folder.

cheers

303 posts, should celebrate :)

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 pm

the .alp should do it..
but first check if all the samples are there
(in the project folder that is)

saves as..
>>
collect all&save
(when doing that make sure to enable collecting from the 'library' as well )
>>
make a Live-Pack..
(which can be substituted for simply zipping the project to a file)

works for me.. (on a PC)

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm

BAMBEROO wrote:Ok I consider myself to be pretty competent with Ableton having used it since Live 4 however there's just one avenue Ive never perfected, and it gets me frustrated-here goes.........
Ive created a pretty cool drum rack with an old 80`s orchestra stab on each pad from C1 to B1 on the keyboard triggering the consecutive pads, ive saved this rack in the browser and can recall it any time no problem.Now I want to send this rack to my mate, who has the same system.-I tried collect all and save- manage files manage set, manage project etc save external files and create live pack as per the manual,and sent the ALP file to my mate. He opened the file and the rack was there -but no sounds????????
so how do we do this and where am I going wrong. We`ve been trying for years but it never works- I just want to send the rack including the samples on the respective pads, so he can open it up exactly the same at his end-is that too much to ask???
I had the same experience a coupe of times.

I do now

- save my set into a new project on a different location
- collect all and save
- zip the new project folder and hand it over to my mate

The whole live-pack thing seems to be one or two steps too complicated.

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

well as promised Im reporting back to say Yeah a big heads up to all who bothered to answer -and your absolutely right This now works a dream!!
Such a shame the manual could not explain this as simply as the real Ableton experts..................us users
many many thanks y`all