Kinda basic question but go easy lol Chorus in chain etc

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
mbird21
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Sunderland - UK

Kinda basic question but go easy lol Chorus in chain etc

Post by mbird21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Im abit confused on something and hope maybe someone can help.

Im using a small vocal snippet in a project and i havint yet filtered or eqied anything, but im using a chorus and ive set the delay 1 highpass to 1.00khz, what im alittle confused about is if the dry/wet is set to 61% as i have it now, does the hi pass removing below 1.00khz remove the low frequencies altogether as in kinda off a auto filter would do so when i go onto on my next effect in the chain the lows will be reduceed or even removed, and i know this is also because the dry/wet is 61% so only 39% of signal is been unaffected by the chorus, so what my question is, is the 39% left with the lows as they where before the chorus being placed and the other 61% removed the lows altogether to ive lost them lows when next effect comes in?.

Im asking cause the reduction in signal level has dropped the same as if i filtered what lows where there with a auto filter, sorry if its a basic question but im just abit confused exactly :oops:
Alex!

mbird21
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Sunderland - UK

Re: Kinda basic question but go easy lol Chorus in chain etc

Post by mbird21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Or is it just controlling the anmount of saturation effect on the signal as set at whatever frequency i set on the hi pass but not actually removing lows at all, just controlling the amount of applied to whatever frequencies above the cutoff, god im confusing meself lol
Alex!

Post Reply