For Absolute Beginners To Ableton Live 8...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mbird21

For Absolute Beginners To Ableton Live 8...

Post by mbird21 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Been noticing alot of people asking for tutorials and shit for just learning to grapple with ableton, maybe just having the chance to play about with a basic track with a few tracks and get a feel for it etc.

SO, based a little bit on the Sonic Academy tutorial for beginners, i just been messing about past couple days and put a quick extremly basic track together.

Its not of any particular genre you call it progressive house if you had to fit in a box, and apart from the pad i created on sylenth1 which ive now rendered to audio and the stab which was aslo made on sylenth and is now a audio file, the rest are simplers, operator and analog and impulse drums so you can hopefully get a feel for it.

This is aimed at people just wanting to have something to mess about with, fuck up and distort and just get a feel for ableton, its NOT for the experienced producers or even less, its for beginners, and thought it would be a cool thing to do so here is the link.

In short there is...

Drums & Samples Included (with couple extra kicks in from when i was messing about earlier)
Bass (Sample taking from Sylenth Patch i created)
Pad (Taking again from Sylenth1 and rendered to audio)
Pitched Pad (Taking from Abletons own samples Bright Saw)
Stab (Taking from a pluck i created in Sylenth1)
Motif 1 & Motif 2 (Both made on Operator)
Violin (Taking from Orchestra Real Samples and then made into a loop from chords for a break etc)

Song Key Is E Minor

All the sounds except the 5 drum samples are my own so feel free to do what you want with them, and i hope this helps someone who is brand new to ableton.

Link Expired :/ Will repost if anyone is interested
Alex!

evileye

Re: For Absolute Beginners To Ableton Live 8...

Post by evileye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:41 am

Hi
I'm no beginner... But would be interested in taking a look at the track :D

mbird21

Re: For Absolute Beginners To Ableton Live 8...

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 am

evileye wrote:Hi
I'm no beginner... But would be interested in taking a look at the track :D
Sure mate no worries, its really basic though i just wanted to give someone something to mess about with but for sure ill pm you a link for the project download mate.

Links in your PM Folder now mate
Alex!