TERRIBLE ABLETON CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

TERRIBLE ABLETON CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I wonder if everybody else is having problems with Ableton technical support. IT was excellent when I bought the software (about 2-3 yrs ago). Now 9 of the 10 messages I send to support team are ignored. Unless I shout and scream and post numerous request, my issues remain unanswered. They apologize for not being able to answer in timely manner, then they do the same thing next time. I paid $1000 and for that money I think I should be able to get proper support. The probably is also a warning message for all new - potential customers/users. Be aware that Live (although excellent software) has bugs and many of them are not fixed even in new releases.
I wonder what would it take to improve Ableton customer support, and hope if we bring this issue to the public someone from the company can gear it !

:arrow: Arthur
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Ableton_David

Re: TERRIBLE ABLETON CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi Arthur, sorry to hear about your frustration. Have you been contacting support, or sending emails to the crashes address? I ask because crashes emails do not go directly to support, while support ones do - this might explain for some of the lags.

In any case, I'd like to help you solve any lingering issues here. I can see one unanswered query from you, that was sent yesterday - this was a federal holiday in Germany, and we will get back to you as soon as we can. In the mean time, could you please either message or post the case number(s) of any other query or queries that you feel were not solved?

Thank you.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:22 pm

@ David.

You could get them to look at my outstanding issues, case ableton622374.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 pm

I send my email to whatever address is presented on your website. Never ever heard about any "crashers email". And YES ABLETON SUPORT SUCKS! Why? Because every time I write a public message one of the tech.reps says "...Yes we would like to help you resolve the issue", then later everything goes back to wehre it was. I could have easily grab and install prated version of Live, but this is not my life philosophy to do something like this. your guys deserved to earn money. On the other hand I deserved to get customer attention. This attention was good only for first few weeks after I bought the software and you made $1000 on my purchase. Over the time it has gotten worse and worse, and recently I feel like there is no support at all. The only help I can get is from other users on the forum.

ALL NE LIVE POTANTIAL CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS SITUATION AND ABLETON CUSTOMER CARE IS REALLY BAD THEESE DAYS.

Just as an example I reported an issue with the software (Live6) about 2 years ago, which hasn't been fixed until today. But as I can understand it is not an easy to fix some bugs, this is very easy to pay attention and care about customers. If Ableton has not enough manpower to do that perhaps need to hire more people, otherwise bad messages about poor customer care will fly very fast and that in turn will bring less customers.

Arthur
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

agent314

Post by agent314 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:08 pm

You sound like a wonderful and not-at-all vitriolic customer to work with. If your support request is as non-inflammatory as the posts in this thread, I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't have been jumping at the chance to serve you.

Press Enter

Post by Press Enter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:31 pm

^^ And now the trolls descend.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Never had any problems with customer support... :roll:

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 pm

ilya.soloviev wrote:Never had any problems with customer support... :roll:
me neither.

they also have a phone - just give em a call - they're nice guys.

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 pm

We have had our disagreements over the years but I would never call them slow or "bad" per se.

Mixikyr

Post by Mixikyr » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by Mixikyr on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Wait. Are we talking about issues with version 6? 8O You/Ableton still want to pound away at that one? 8O

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Well the OP does have a point - regardless of the version - email support responsiveness is generally aweful/non-existant in mjy experience. Bugs and general support seems to be mostly a black hole - lost bug submissions seems to be a common issue as well.

Response in this forum OTOH is generally alot better and if the right person happens to se a thread, then of course good.

On the plus sidfe - when you have a rant about the crappy support - you do generally get a positive response from dave or similar - rather than the rant response of some companies who just perm-ban you instead (RME for example)... :roll:
Nothing to see here - move along!

Press Enter

Post by Press Enter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Last bug I reported took 50 hrs to get a human response, during business days. The first response advised me to try something I already explicity stated I tried - in the initial bug report. after a further 24 hrs I got a response confirming my bug, and thanking me for reporting it. So, 74 hrs total.

Speaking of Live 6, I reported bugs for that from day 1 (last time I ever paid to early-adopt Ableton software) which were never fixed. at all. In fact I was strung along for the entire year with "maybe next update" responses. Was fixed in Live 7 though.

OP speaks the truth.

There's no point joining this thread saying 'oh ya, support responded fast to me' ...if all you asked of them was something utterly trivial.

League

Post by League » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:29 am

support is always there for me!!!!!
:twisted: