Seg. BPM & Resampling

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
benoc

Seg. BPM & Resampling

Post by benoc » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi when i resample to audio from midi, the segment BPM is changin from 126 to 102 BPM??
When I drag and drop the resampled files they are all much shorter [8 bars as opposed to 10] and I have to mess about changing the Seg BPM and dragging out the remainder of the clip.
Can someone please explain why this is happening, I realise it is probably something very simple.
Thanks.

RokaMic

Re: Seg. BPM & Resampling

Post by RokaMic » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 am

do you have any audio or midi effects on the channel you are resampling? Have you accidentally changed the beat signature anywhere? Live's warping engine could miss interpreting the beat, are the start point and end points where they should be? Go to preferences and turn off "automatic warping" and then in the clip activate "warp from here staight" and see what happens. Some screenshots would be very handy, especially of the clip's warp points, the original clip, and the clip's channel path.

benoc

Re: Seg. BPM & Resampling

Post by benoc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi, thanks for replying, I did have autopan on the channel but i took this off, and did everything in this exact order;
1. resampled the midi,
2. set the warp markers and then right clicked and selected warp stright from here,
3. cropped the sample to the 10 bars as required,
4. I then dropped the audio in to the track from file browser and it still took the BPM down to an 8 bar loop at 102.4 BPM.

I have also cropped a shorter clip, 3 bars and it has increased the BPM to 170.67 and is now a 4 bar clip??

On previously resampled audio it has not done this??

Any help or advice would be appreciated, cheers.