Introducing the Ableton Blog!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jerrymaestro

Re: Introducing the Ableton Blog!

Post by jerrymaestro » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:15 am

Yes we will do. :)

Greeg

Post by Greeg » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 pm

well, good luck :)
VST Cafe - music production blog, ableton, vst
Novation V-Station, Toxic Biohazard, Cakewalk Z3ta+ - modern electronic, EDM, pop soundbanks | Tone2 Gladiator Space Station - soundbank

MarkHenry

Post by MarkHenry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, i was searching about music to update my self regarding certain queries of music and I found Ableton. It seems to be nice. I hope than I will get new updates regularly.

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:55 pm

The blog is lovely and everything, BUT what about news of Live 9, new add ons, upcoming featurees, X64 etc...?

Seems more an appeasement than anything.

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm

One Reason wrote:The blog is lovely and everything, BUT what about news of Live 9, new add ons, upcoming featurees, X64 etc...?

Seems more an appeasement than anything.
thats so true mate :) i think its time for an anouncement. im sad we will never see version 9 :(
i just installed studio one because of x64 and also reaper to try it out.

WHAT IS NOW WITH VERSION 9?!
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

William

Post by William » Tue May 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I've been learning Studio One as well. My big projects simply don't work in Ableton. I waited as long as I could!
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 am

..and so the Exodus began... :? :roll:

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Wed May 30, 2012 4:47 pm

working for about 1.5 years /w StudioOne now. Don't miss anything...
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 pm

^ except the forum

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:58 am

smaucher wrote:working for about 1.5 years /w StudioOne now. Don't miss anything...
Yeah, Studio One's session view is just as good.. :roll:

format6

Post by format6 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 pm

It would be nice if we can submit content for the blog?

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:41 am

_seph wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to say that I hope that this continues, I am really enjoying the blog so far. This is another definite plus of Ableton, that there is much more of a "community" surrounding it than I've ever experienced with other DAWs. Keep up the good work!
can't really say tha ti am ewnjoying the blog. it's just some "oooh i can map this here and launch that there" type of deal.
if you can't figure that shit out you haven't read the manual enough.

they should make articles about how to hack live up via maxmsp/m4l, access the api via the python release, or an in depth article about custom controller scripts using python.
honestly, is it really that exciting seeing how someone is launching clips with a launchpad, or turning a knob to send some audio to a send channel?

not at all.
all them live blogs are so basic.
give us an in depth tutorial on how to make a haas delay and use that together with some stacked macro's to simulate natural panning or height and front/behind spatialisation, or an entry telling you how to quickly set up a workflow for proper in-studio vocal comping, using shit like autohotkeys and other crap in order to get some sort of workflow going on.
this blog is about as exciting as 90% of all them other blogs about this software: do the built-in lesson and skim through the manual and you figure all that shit out.

bah.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 pm

friend_kami wrote: give us an in depth tutorial on how to make a haas delay and use that together with some stacked macro's to simulate natural panning or height and front/behind spatialisation, or an entry telling you how to quickly set up a workflow for proper in-studio vocal comping, using shit like autohotkeys and other crap in order to get some sort of workflow going on.
Perhaps you could get the ball rolling with some of the tutorials you mentioned and offer them up for the blog? Or even just link the videos from your blog site so we can learn more interesting things.

tallent man

Post by tallent man » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi everyone am i the only one who thinks ableton live 8 suite is ridiculously hard to figure out how to work. i play piano,guitar,can use decks to mix i have used many music makers like Magics music maker,E Jay,console ps1 music 2000 even littlebig planet music sequencer what im trying to say is i love making music and trust me im very very good at it my favourite being trance techno music chill out.FIRSTLY music is supposed to be spontanius were that u can quickly input notes and mess with effects easly to invent riffs sequences melodys useualy accidently making amazing things just by messing around.Ive watched tutorials on ableton were the person has took 10mins or more just to make a sound which to be honest i thought to myself what a load of crap i could make a better riff in 20 secs.I got this because i thought it was proffesional and magics and e jay just arnt proffesional enough but this takes the fun out of music completely for me.I had to repair libary then couldnt just pick a sound from the very unorgonised libary but had to search for AGES because im new to this and then i had to insert impulse then i couldnt drag any sounds from the libary straight into impulse WHY ABLETON WHY WHY WHY! I wish someone would tell me a simple music maker which sounds good MUSIC SHOULD NEVER BE SO DIFFICULT TO CREATE BECAUSE ALL YOUR IDEAS WILL BE GONE OR WILL NEVER ENTER YOUR HEAD IN FIRST PLACE BECAUSE OF COMPLEXITY im sorry to all the ableton fans mabey u can help me understand it.

tallent man

Post by tallent man » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks funken for the reply are you that guy from manchester? I listened to some of those tracks nice beats will try them when i get some time away from learning ableton im still hurt because the simple things in ableton to me seem like climbing mount everest coz its new to me.I would love to be able to stamp my trance music ideas and sequences on this.I guess with all my musical knowledge it means nothing unless u really sit down and learn the main interface.