VST Questions (Zebra, Trilian, Alchemy)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
agent314

VST Questions (Zebra, Trilian, Alchemy)

Post by agent314 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:12 am

A few random VST questions:

1. Zebra 2: is there a way to change what the default patch is set to? Mine somehow got changed and I can't figure out any way to get it back to a plain saw wave with no modulation/effects

2. Trilian: Is there a way to disable aftertouch on patches that don't have it specifically listed in the modulation matrix?
EDIT: Turns out I was looking in the wrong place. Aftertouch was on in the matrix, unbeknownst to me.

3. Alchemy: is there a way to change the default skin to one other than the default grey?

antarktika

Re: VST Questions (Zebra, Trilian, Alchemy)

Post by antarktika » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 am

as per question 3, on the Alchemy GUI, if you select file, at the bottom of the list there is a "skin" section, with, if you have the latest update, 3 different skins, nightshade, biolabs (which doesn't load for me, for whatever reason) or factory. I think there are is also a downloadable "limeflavor" one under the support section of the camel site in the "user library" area.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Right, I was just wondering if there was a way to have one of the non-default ones (i.e. Nightshade) load by default every time I load the VST.

For now I've got it saved in an instrument rack, but I was wondering if there was a setting in the VST itself

r_v

Post by r_v » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

For question 1, a patch named 'default.h2p' in the root of the local presets folder will be loaded automatically.

The local presets folder is the one where all the factory presets go. On OSX, that's /Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2/ (note the system Library folder, not the one in /Users/<your_user_name>).

So, create the kind of patch you want to be the default, copy it to the local presets folder, and rename to 'default.h2p'.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Would Zebralette preset files work too?

That one is still the plain saw wave preset, and if I could just copy that in, I'd be a happy camper

r_v

Post by r_v » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 pm

agent314 wrote:Would Zebralette preset files work too?
Yep. You'll have to save the Zebralette default separately as a h2p file but then you can just rename it to 'default.h2p' and move it into the folder I mentioner earlier.