Clip View Drama

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zenlikethat

Clip View Drama

Post by zenlikethat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello, I finally managed to get Ableton 8 working again after a System Restore but I ran into a most unfortunate problem last night that I was wondering if anyone had experience with.

When I would load Abes up, the Clip View would be all... jacked up, kind of zoomed in wrong and NOTHING I could do would fix it. Even restarting my computer and Abes itself wouldn't help. I wish I had a screenshot for ya, but just imagine if you could only see the top half of Clip View, ever, and how frustrating that would be. I adjusted Look/Feel prefs, graphics card drivers, just about everything under the sun. Couldn't find the least bit of info about it online.

Any idea what this was and how I might have fixed/prevented it?

Thanks a lot.

c33

Re: Clip View Drama

Post by c33 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Have you tried mousing over to the track title / mixer section until the pointer changes and dragging the track down?

zenlikethat

Post by zenlikethat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm

c33 wrote:Have you tried mousing over to the track title / mixer section until the pointer changes and dragging the track down?
Alas, I wish it were so simple. I have been referring to the "Clip Detail View" that you usually see at the bottom of the screen. It was all zoomed in and wonky, and refused to display the bottom half at all.

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Without a screenshot it's hard to say. It's definitely a bug either in Live itself or in whatever it is that's drawing Live's window. I don't know what video technology they use but perhaps it wasn't playing nicely with your video hardware? Since you used a system restore this suggests some kind of system-level issue rather than a bug in the Live software itself, which might explain why you haven't found any info about it online, but it really is hard to say for sure.