reaktor 4 in live 4,1??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nexus-6

reaktor 4 in live 4,1??

Post by nexus-6 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:51 pm

is this something that is good??one of my friends is selling his copy of reaktor 4,because he have got himself some hardware-synths,i have heard alot of good things about reaktor 4,but is it stabil in live 4,1???i have been having alot of problems with my vst-instruments lately,so it could be cool to just have reaktor 4 running as a vst in live,but it should be a hard program to get started with??

so does anybody know some really good tutorials for reaktor 4??so i can learn the basics??that would be cool

thanx
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:10 pm

I use Reaktor 4 with Live 4.1 with no problems. I use a 2ghz pentium M with 1gig of ram.

The Native Instruments sight has some tutorials. And you can download ensembles made by other Reaktor users.

Get Reaktor imediately!! Its the best special effects processor you could drop in your arsenal.

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:36 pm

I thoroughly recommend Reaktor!!!! Brilliant piece of software!!! Plus runs in Live with no problems at all, at least with me. Though if you are buying it from a friend won't there be authorisation problems seeing that you are limited (to my knowledge) to just a couple of authentication serial numbers? Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:10 pm

hi
does any of you guys know if there are any tutorials outthere about using reaktor 4 with live 4???

thanx again
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

ct43

Post by ct43 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:33 am

you wont need a tutorial, you just drop it in Ableton & your away....

if you want to build your own instruments with R4 then thats a different matter... but if your not bothered about doin that there are 1,000 + user instruments / fx units on the native instruments site... I dont think you would ever exaust the potential of reaktor...

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:04 pm

hi
im having problems "connecting"my reaktor instruments in live 4,1??how do i do that??

im also having problems to log-in to the reaktor forum on the ni-site?when i type in my username and the password they send me,im getting a message that its the wrong password??
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

udenjoe

Post by udenjoe » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:10 pm

Reaktor uses alot of resources. Be sure your machine can take it. Also make sure you registered your copy of Reaktor.

What happens to Live when you put Reaktor in it?

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:28 pm

when i "drag" reaktor 4 on to a midi-track in live,and in arrangement view choose reaktor in the pull-down for like midi-track 4 and choose feks the waveweaver synth in reaktor i cant here the shit play???how should i connect reaktor to ableton live to get it to work??
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:00 am

Reaktor uses alot of resources. Be sure your machine can take it.
Yeah I have to adjust my buffers with it..... Being a "modular" synth
means it's not fully optimised for one particular purpose. Which means it's
code doesn't run quite as smoothly as other soft synths. However it does
produce wonderful sounds.

-Ben

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:25 pm

hi can nobody help me with my problem??how do i connect reaktor 4 as a vst in ableton,im not getting any sound from reaktor in ableton live 4,1,it works fine with all the other vst i have??and reaktor 4 works fine in stand-alone,but when i use it as a vst in live 4,1 i dont get any sound??

please help me
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

Analytik J

Post by Analytik J » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:24 am

all you have to do is change the moniter setting to on. Then you will hear Reaktor. After you write a midi pattern remember to turn moniter back to off so you can hear Reaktor play that pattern. If you are using a Reaktor ensemler that is self sequencing then you will need to leaVE THE MONITOR IN ON POSITION. Open the Veirring Ensemble and change to one of the other snap shots. Also in Reaktor sometimes you need to change the current Snapshot to a new one to hear it. Reaktor is the best music device ever. I love ableton live with Reaktor and I perform live with this setup exclusivley. Reaktor is difficult to fully grasp though.

Hope this helps
Analytik J

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:36 am

arming it for record is another way to hear it. this also allows you to hear what you're playing in realtime through reaktor, and the midi clip live is playing back both at the same time without having to switch the monitor on/off.