I jumped ship to Studio one V2 sorry abelton; (

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
fisto

Re: I jumped ship to Studio one V2 sorry abelton; (

Post by fisto » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:27 pm

hey cool :) . PM me if you have some more specific questions or so. I could send you a cool config to if you want...

cubehog

Post by cubehog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:09 pm

I also tried Reaper and after 2-4 weeks it became more natural to work on songs. It seems a little more efficient if you already have a song structure and use more instruments and/or audio tracks.

The routing options are organized differently but it has some major advantages regarding "the complete view". Racks are folders and you have so many routing options it´s sometimes scary in terms of experimenting.

I heavily tweaked the menus and submenus and used key commands that suit my workflow better. CPU-Hit is also lower and audio recording and editing seems to be more traditional. You can choose different types of automation curves and rendering seems to be more flexible.

I will use live as a beat mangling sampler but all the rest gets done in reaper.

The main reason for the de facto switch was the lack of politeness in this very forum. The reaper fanboys are also upfront but the reactions and especially the tone are more friendly overall.

I´m sorry to say this. But that´s the reason why I wanted to try a different daw. No feature set but some feeling of being welcome even though I´m not good in cracking jokes.

Sometimes I have the impression that the loudmouths turn the creative and socially driven side of this forum into a joke festival with funny remarks, which aren´t so funny but often are offensive. Polite people try to avoid these situations and try to find a different place to share their passion for music.

The main reason for using live as my main daw was the forum, it is now the main reason for using reaper.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 pm

that's silly man..
you're too sensitive ..
you need to get over that..
why'd you come back here if it's so "horrible "?
it shows bad decision making..

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

The main reason for the de facto switch was the lack of politeness in this very forum.
That's like giving up driving your own car because the guy on Top Gear was impolite.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:09 pm

you said that the reason you even started using live in the first place was because of the this forum.
I know that judging you isn't a cool thing to do but where's your head at man, turn off the internet.
good luck with your endeavors

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Angstrom wrote:
The main reason for the de facto switch was the lack of politeness in this very forum.
That's like giving up driving your own car because the guy on Top Gear was impolite.
Jeremy Clarkson is a good argument against lots of things.

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Why write a post about it? With so many spelling errors???
Are you trying to get the community to feel sorry or something?

"I stopped using the hammer man, wasn't doing it for me anymore"

Well Ableton Live is just a tool. Most people (not me though) use many different DAW to make music/art/ whatever.
Good!
and if you been using it for so long, you'll come back to it.
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:03 pm

wow thought I'd seen it all, but a guy who openly admits that his DAW choice is predicated primarily on the politness or lack thereof of its user forum?????????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 pm

mholloway wrote:wow thought I'd seen it all, but a guy who openly admits that his DAW choice is predicated primarily on the politness or lack thereof of its user forum?????????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
to boot he's 43 years old. 8O

oh, sorry was that rude? :?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 am

Thats it. Live is rubbish, kazoos are great - the people at my local kazoo club would never post pictures of menbabies.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:14 am

:lol:

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 am

Any fool who chooses which music production tool to use based on how friendly the company's user forum is deserves no politeness. Idiot.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

I'm not so sure, it just bears reminding how we are all wired differently. took some balls to even admit something like that but I just think dude should look inward a bit more bout music cause this outlook won't serve him very well, especially if we all start to prefer his new daws of choice. one
could back ones self into a corner with this type of thinking imho it's not worth it.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I feel bad for a dude who will cheat himself out of using a great DAW just because of the forum. Shouldn't have anything to do with it of course. Also, people here might have some attitude, but there are always people willing to help. It's not hard to walk away from arguments on the internet. No walking is even required.
Professional Shark Jumper.

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:39 pm

one more here, already 6 months on cubase 6 now. it was a good decision i can say today. also love live, but sold the licence. sorry guys, there was enough time to realise we need other stuff than new instruments with every new version. it is the sequencer that matters.
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs