NI audio interface

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nickyvb

NI audio interface

Post by nickyvb » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:07 pm

hey guys,

i'm looking to buy an audio interface to use with ableton for dj purposes.
has anyone here ever used the NI traktor audio series (2, 6, or 10) with ableton?

I ask coz NI interfaces are definitely targeted towards use with Traktor, so thought there might be flaws when it comes to use with ableton.

Thanks

evileye

Re: NI audio interface

Post by evileye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi
i just bought an tractor audio 2 to put together a few mixes first impressions are good small,simple does what it says. NI have a promotion on at the moment when you buy a audio interface you can upgrade traktor to duo free. Plus you can use the interface with Ableton if you want
all round win win

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:00 pm

i used the audio2dj (which is now the tractor audio 2 or whatever) its a great card, i ended up selling and replacing with a guitar rig mobile which is the same card except has a guitar/mike input which was more usefull to me cos i had recently bought The Mouth.

to be honest i havent seen a bad word said about any of the NI cards around here.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:i used the audio2dj

to be honest i havent seen a bad word said about any of the NI cards around here.
I bought one of those for $57 dollars on promotion at Sam Ash. :D All of their interfaces use good quality Cirrus Logic converters.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

nickyvb

Post by nickyvb » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

thanks for your replies guys.

I ended up looking at the focusrite saffire 6 and scarlett 2i2, coz i figured that if i'm gonna buy an audio interface, I might aswell buy one which is still portable but at least has a couple of inputs in case I need them in the future.

do you guys know if the scarlett 2i2 can be used in the same way as the NI audio 2, where you map 1 output to the master output and the other to use for headhpone cueing?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 pm

afaik the Scarlett is 2in/out meaning not possible to cue. If you want a more solid box with ins the NI Audio Kontrol 1 is very good all round as I imagine the updated Komplete Audio 6 is.