About to spend £1000 - Help me out please - Mac or PC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trevox

Re: About to spend £1000 - Help me out please - Mac or PC

Post by trevox » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:32 pm

You clearly have some feeling on it to bother posting in this thread after all advice was heeded and the OP made his purchase. I did not say other people's posts were subjective - they actually based their posts on experience so I would tend to read them along with other good reviews. I said yours was subjective because you gave one side of the story. All I saw in your post was negative - therefore it was subjective. The opposite of that is objective - which means to take the good and bad elements and base your opinion on that, but you failed to find good reviews and post them too. Do you understand?

You say you give negative opinion on DAW's etc, but maybe you base this on experience? You do not own a macbook yourself, so why give an opinion at all? In fact, you cannot have an opinion because you have no experience.

I'm finished with this conversation again - it is stupid.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm

trevox wrote:You clearly have some feeling on it to bother posting in this thread after all advice was heeded and the OP made his purchase.
I didn't said "To OP". I left some information for them who will visit and cleverly search forum rather than making same topic again and again. I'm not expecting my post is for specific users from the begining.
I said yours was subjective because you gave one side of the story. All I saw in your post was negative - therefore it was subjective. The opposite of that is objective - which means to take the good and bad elements and base your opinion on that, but you failed to find good reviews and post them too. Do you understand?
Why should I have posted good side when I said "don't buy A if you think B is C"? If the reader don't think B is C, that'll be fine for the readers to buy A. There are clearly two side of the story.
You say you give negative opinion on DAW's etc, but maybe you base this on experience?
When did I said this is my opinion? I clearly stated in my previous post that I add nothing into users' voices and just summarized. Furthermore, I added reference URL in case readers don't belive my post. There are no lies in my summary.

As for daw 'opinions' which were posted by me are all based on reality I surely tested and found by myself. When I didn't tested I always added references of these information.
You do not own a macbook yourself, so why give an opinion at all? In fact, you cannot have an opinion because you have no experience.
When did I post my opinion? I only gave example and summary and URL. Also there are two side of the story readers can choose.

strode420

Post by strode420 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm

pencilrocket wrote: macfag

cognitive dissonance

macfag
Yeah.....

So, in a thread on an audio production forum, where the OP already made his decision and bought a mac, you post a link to a a graphic design forum where hardcore graphic users are having an issue with the screen being slightly yellowish (a fully legitimate issue for a graphic designer but completely moot when it comes to daw use). Exactly what purpose did that serve? Clearly the OP is happy with his purchase, no? I'm with Trevox, you anti-mac-fanboys are even more annoying that mac fanboys.
Imac 27" 3.4ghz i7 16gb 10.7.4
MBP 15" 2.16ghz CoreDuo 2gb 10.6.8
Logic 9.1.7 & Suite 8.2.7 w/ M4L
MOTU 828mkII firewire
Serato SL3, (2) 1200 M3D's & (1) CDJ800 w/ Ecler Evo4
Keystation 88 Pro, padKontrol w/ Farmpad, Launchpad

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:14 am

strode420 wrote:where the OP already made his decision and bought a mac,
I said I didn't write "To OP". You didn't read my post at all.
you post a link to a a graphic design forum where hardcore graphic users are having an issue with the screen being slightly yellowish
macrumor and apple discussion forum AREN'T for only graphic users. You just misunderstood and your criticizm doesn't make any sense.
(a fully legitimate issue for a graphic designer but completely moot when it comes to daw use).
When did apple said that they don't care how display works as it's not for graphic designing work, and however it works it's fine because it's a personal computer for music production, and we can't expect fine quality of products when we throw fair amount of money on it? Was that $100 No-branding CHINA DISPLAY?
Exactly what purpose did that serve? Clearly the OP is happy with his purchase, no?
You are totally lost. Read from page3.
I'm with Trevox, you anti-mac-fanboys are even more annoying that mac fanboys.
Who ever can with someone when he doesn't read previous page at all?

Your argument is totally strange. Nothing makes sense.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 am

pencilrocket wrote:Your argument is totally strange. Nothing makes sense.
FFS! Haven't seen a douchebag this bad around the forum in a while. Trolling and repeating the same childish comebacks over and over.
Image Image

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:10 am

Macfag usualy doesn't read thread at all and does give funny response.