New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mholloway
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by mholloway » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:23 am

nathannn wrote:i agree that it sounds great but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN MONO!!
from the looks of it, to get this in stereo i would have to rack up two of these. i think my pc would blow up if i did that.

the guy that made sylenth1 did it best, each oscilator has one stereo and a pan nob, this makes it super easy for true stereo sound without using a chorus effect.

eh? it has a Poly mode...not sure what you're on about. And the synths it modelled weren't all monosynths: Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, Juno 60, Alpha Juno. So, only the ms-20 and minimoog are the monosynths on which it is based...

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

doghouse
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by doghouse » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:35 am

scutheotaku wrote: is this supposed to be free when it's finished (like his Tyrell synth)?
Nope, it's going to be $100+. The beta is free but stops working at the end of the year.

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:31 am

Not sure why there's all these price guesses.

Intro price of 119.
Full price of 179.

http://www.u-he.com/cms/
Professional Shark Jumper.

UncleAge
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by UncleAge » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:50 am

mholloway wrote:And the synths it modelled weren't all monosynths: Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, Juno 60, Alpha Juno. So, only the ms-20 and minimoog are the monosynths on which it is based...
thanks for clearing that up.

crystalmsc
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: U-He's new frankensynth

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Been playing around with this over the past day since the public beta was released and it's very cool indeed!

You've got the Minimoog, MS-20, Jupiter-6, jupiter-8, Juno-60 and an Alpha Juno, all in one. The Oscillators, filter and envelopes are modeled separately so you can mix and match the different parts. For example take jupiter-8 oscillators and put them through screeching MS-20 filters in series. Very cool.

Go grab the beta!

From the KVR thread:
Triple Oscillator and transistor ladder filter are the Minimoog
The Sallen Key filters and the Eco Oscs are based on the MS-20
The OTA Ladder is based on the Juno-60 and Jupiter 8 filters
The OTA SVF is based on the Jupiter-6 and Alpha Juno filters
The Dual VCO is based on the Jupiter 6 and Jupiter 8 oscillators
The DCO is based on the Juno-60 and Alpha Juno oscillators
The Analog ADSR is based on the Jupiter 8 and Juno 60 envelopes
The Digital ADSR is based on the Jupiter 6 and Alpha Juno envelopes
Sounds very interesting! Any comparison with the dedicated emulator like Arturia's stuff?
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

twisted-space
Posts: 1252
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: UK Midlands

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by twisted-space » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:24 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
twisted-space wrote:It'll be better once the multicore support is working.
Shouldn't make a difference in Live. Live uses one core per track. I'm not even sure what the benefit of multicore support would be. I guess some hosts must allow the load from one track to split amongst cores if the plug-in allows?

I'm pretty sure I read that multicore support will be independent of the host. Could well be getting it wrong though.

nathannn
Posts: 3315
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:38 am
Location: U.S.

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by nathannn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 am

mholloway wrote:
nathannn wrote:i agree that it sounds great but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN MONO!!
from the looks of it, to get this in stereo i would have to rack up two of these. i think my pc would blow up if i did that.

the guy that made sylenth1 did it best, each oscilator has one stereo and a pan nob, this makes it super easy for true stereo sound without using a chorus effect.

eh? it has a Poly mode...not sure what you're on about. And the synths it modelled weren't all monosynths: Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, Juno 60, Alpha Juno. So, only the ms-20 and minimoog are the monosynths on which it is based...

-M
I'm going on about the synth itself being in mono as not in stereo.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

rosti
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: HELLsinki

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by rosti » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I think i have to buy a new computer for this :o
Looks awesome!

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by 3dot... » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 pm

it better have audio inputs or I'm not buying ..
and I better be able to control the lfos...
(otherwise what are the 'knobs' for? ..I'm pretty sure lfos were controllable back then) '
Image

flowdesigner
Posts: 930
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 am

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by flowdesigner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:28 pm

yawn

I got a real moog voyager rme.


buy a used slim phatty or something.
and use Live suite

and make music


:x

dna598
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 am

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by dna598 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

This thing sounds great, best i've heard next my Juno 60.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by 3dot... » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 pm

flowdesigner wrote: I got a real moog voyager rme.
:x
yawn...
:mrgreen:
Image

Nick Shepherd
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 10:06 am
Location: Berlin

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by Nick Shepherd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:38 pm

another gem from Urs - great job as allways... impressive emulation, super sexy interface - really prefer the look over Ace´s ui :)

thanks for heads-up G-B :)

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: U-He's new frankensynth

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:Been playing around with this over the past day since the public beta was released and it's very cool indeed!

You've got the Minimoog, MS-20, Jupiter-6, jupiter-8, Juno-60 and an Alpha Juno, all in one. The Oscillators, filter and envelopes are modeled separately so you can mix and match the different parts. For example take jupiter-8 oscillators and put them through screeching MS-20 filters in series. Very cool.

Go grab the beta!

From the KVR thread:
Triple Oscillator and transistor ladder filter are the Minimoog
The Sallen Key filters and the Eco Oscs are based on the MS-20
The OTA Ladder is based on the Juno-60 and Jupiter 8 filters
The OTA SVF is based on the Jupiter-6 and Alpha Juno filters
The Dual VCO is based on the Jupiter 6 and Jupiter 8 oscillators
The DCO is based on the Juno-60 and Alpha Juno oscillators
The Analog ADSR is based on the Jupiter 8 and Juno 60 envelopes
The Digital ADSR is based on the Jupiter 6 and Alpha Juno envelopes
Sounds very interesting! Any comparison with the dedicated emulator like Arturia's stuff?
It's pretty much unanimous that it nails the originals and is far superior in authenticity to the Arturias and other emulations.
nathannn wrote:
mholloway wrote:
nathannn wrote:i agree that it sounds great but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN MONO!!
from the looks of it, to get this in stereo i would have to rack up two of these. i think my pc would blow up if i did that.

the guy that made sylenth1 did it best, each oscilator has one stereo and a pan nob, this makes it super easy for true stereo sound without using a chorus effect.

eh? it has a Poly mode...not sure what you're on about. And the synths it modelled weren't all monosynths: Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, Juno 60, Alpha Juno. So, only the ms-20 and minimoog are the monosynths on which it is based...

-M
I'm going on about the synth itself being in mono as not in stereo.
Well it was meant to emulate the originals as closely as possible so no individual oscillator pan. But it does have some other cool features like individual modulations for the different voices (which can used for panning for example).
twisted-space wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:
twisted-space wrote:It'll be better once the multicore support is working.
Shouldn't make a difference in Live. Live uses one core per track. I'm not even sure what the benefit of multicore support would be. I guess some hosts must allow the load from one track to split amongst cores if the plug-in allows?

I'm pretty sure I read that multicore support will be independent of the host. Could well be getting it wrong though.
I didn't think this was possible in Live. I think it's up to the host how it distributes cpu over multiple cores.
flowdesigner wrote:yawn

I got a real moog voyager rme.

buy a used slim phatty or something.
and use Live suite

and make music
:x
So you're advice is, rather than purchase a $120 dollar soft synths which not only faithfully reproduces the sound of about 5 classic analog synths, but also lets you mix the components of it (and can also be saved within your DAW by virtue of being a plug-in), we should instead spend a bunch more money on a used slim phatty? That's just what makes more sense for everybody? Insightful.
Professional Shark Jumper.

UncleAge
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: New U-He Frankensynth! Mix and match classic analogs (DIVA).

Post by UncleAge » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Nick Shepherd wrote:another gem from Urs - great job as allways...
i have to agree. i fnd time lines a bit hard to keep up with because he starts so many projects that he hasn't finished. but the zebra-ace-diva lineup is pretty nice really. outside of granular and deep additive synthesis he has covered a lot ground. who knows, we might see bazille and some version of that uhbik-x next year as well.
Last edited by UncleAge on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply