Mac is no longer for todays DAW. It's obviously old fasioned

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Re: Mac is no longer for todays DAW. It's obviously old fasioned

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Rabalder wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:I'd like to ignore your post because it's pointless to me.
Just as pointless as this thread.
you must be kidding, this thread is why moses parted the red sea, why the slaves were freed, why the nazis were faught, and why donald trump simply refuses to attempt any other hairstyle. this thread is delicious my friend... delicious, as a matter of fact this forum is the only place in the world where you could actually love a guy like machinesworking and pencilrocket at the same time-it really doesn't get any better than ableton.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm

starving student wrote:
Rabalder wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:I'd like to ignore your post because it's pointless to me.
Just as pointless as this thread.
you must be kidding, this thread is why moses parted the red sea, why the slaves were freed, why the nazis were faught, and why donald trump simply refuses to attempt any other hairstyle. this thread is delicious my friend... delicious, as a matter of fact this forum is the only place in the world where you could actually love a guy like machinesworking and pencilrocket at the same time-it really doesn't get any better than ableton.
Best post of the thread.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:40 pm

kitekrazy wrote:
Best post of the thread.

I like this one better

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:
Best post of the thread.

I like this one better
i prefer this one
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

nathannn wrote:
JuanSOLO wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:
Best post of the thread.

I like this one better
i prefer this one
That one sucks

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 pm

It would have been better if I typed it on my Mac, but I'm at work, so I typed it on my PC.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 pm

pencilrocket wrote:TLTR. If you don't understand what I wrote just understand the word "cognitive dissonance" in your 'understandable' English. When you don't understand the word even in your 'understandable' english that's not my problem. It's your problem.
It comes, and it goes...

I hope you know you're special. However, I have a feeling people have been telling you this your whole life. Good luck with all that.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 am

Machinesworking wrote:There is nothing objective about running a hacked OSX to prove that Windows runs better on a tweaked PC it was designed to run on.
The same test done on a Mac Pro would show significantly different results.
That's your personal conjecture. You didn't bother to give any counterevidence but crying your obsevation full of evidence. You conjecture is rather unnatrual based on basic ruls of experiment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiment
Keeping same condition is must for getting accurate data.

About the equipment of the experiment that's other thing. If you have question about the equipment you ought to tell or give us the data which prove that the equipment have flaw and it is giving wrong result because of that flaw.
Let's be clear here, if you're talking about the most successful and commonly used DAWs it would be Pro Tools and Logic, with Cubase slightly behind. Cubase is well known for having shitty performance on Macs, this has nothing to do with OSX, and everything to do with Steinberg, as Logic, Digital Performer, and Live all prove beyond a doubt.
Show us the data to prove it's not your conjecture that Logic's industry majority exceed the cross platform CPU-based daw which is seamlessly exported to most developed CPU-based full-featured scoring studio environment. No one would believe you because you have nothing showed us yet but your peronal preference.
The problem here isn't mac users cognitive dissonance, it's yours. You've found one test that proves the point you want to make, and haven't even bothered to research other tests of a similar nature. All of them besides this one with the guy running a hacked OSX come back with roughly +/- 5% difference in platforms in favor of optimized Windows, but usually only at around a 2-3% difference.
I don't think mine but rather you. I'm sorry to say that no one would believe you because you showed nothing to us except criticizing the equipment w/o counterevidence and directly me. You get nothing from me by criticizing me. However, we will get something from data or articles you will provide. I hope you will realize it.
Last edited by pencilrocket on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 am

djadonis206 wrote:It comes, and it goes...

I hope you know you're special. However, I have a feeling people have been telling you this your whole life. Good luck with all that.
I'm now wiping diet Coke off my work keyboard.

damn you!

edit - I'd like to thank everyone that hasn't posted in this thread.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 am

macmurphy wrote:reminds me a bit of the 3phase era :D
hmmm curious
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:35 am

Tone Deft wrote:edit - I'd like to thank everyone that hasn't posted in this thread.
no problem bro!!

LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 am

When I say I love Ableton, I'm not just talking about making music in Live.

Gosh I love Ableton, ........it's,....inspiring.

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Tone Deft wrote: edit - I'd like to thank everyone that hasn't posted in this thread.
You're welcome. Oh wait... shit.

In other news I am typing this in Windows via VMware Fusion on a Mac. Minds blown!
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm

lunabass wrote:
macmurphy wrote:reminds me a bit of the 3phase era :D
hmmm curious
I think if we combined this argument with our friend 9V's "Audio vs MIDI - What is Music" discussion, we really could be onto something...

Taking into consideration that audio is not music (and thank you 9V for clearing that up for us) we only need to worry about MIDI as far as writing music on a computer is concerned. And the MIDI protocol itself is not music either. So that leaves what 9V so graciously informed us of - music is simply midi files. So bearing that in mind, does a Mac or a PC store midi files better? That should be our primary concern when talking about music created on computers. Anyone got any data on this?

ps: pencilrocket - you're not Italian by any chance, are you?

benoit-1842

Post by benoit-1842 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:14 pm

I have a PC that I just bought 500$ and is running fantastic... Imagine if I put the extra 1000$ to equal a Mac price...My pc gonna make fire...

Ben