So last week I Purchased Ableton Suite...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
justchris86

Re: So last week I Purchased Ableton Suite...

Post by justchris86 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:08 pm

yeah, keep living your life.
"Do not quote or read this text"

https://soundcloud.com/unnecessary-roughness-yyc

concept_control

Post by concept_control » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 pm

You decided Ableton was worth full price to you at the time. You either need to be more thrifty next time and wait for a discount, or man up and take the blow.

CareyLetendre

Post by CareyLetendre » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Ben_Binary wrote:
CareyLetendre wrote:
I guess Ableton should let everyone know a week ahead of time when they are going to have a big sale.

:roll:
and companies never know they are going to have a 25% off sale in advance... it just happens randomly. 8O
Missing the point entirely.

How many copies would they sell if they telegraphed a sale a week in advance. :roll:

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:09 am

scutheotaku wrote:
shuutobi wrote:
8TROW8 wrote:Rule #2:

Don't expect everyone to celebrate Thanksgiving.
But everyone loves celebrating taking over native peoples lands...
Pretty much every country on the planet is born from the taking over of someone else's land, and pretty much every country has some sort of national "birth" or independence holiday.

Besides, if you think that's what Thanksgiving is about then you need a history lesson...

/OT
So let's celebrate...

Thanksgiving to me = family time. That is all.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 am

scutheotaku wrote:
Agreed! And turkey!
Turducken.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:45 am

I just do ham, gobbles are just too cute for me to want to eat them... Unless they are deep fried, then I can't resist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrxB8DnUHLs

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:28 am

crumhorn wrote:Maybe they could soften the blow by starting the sale at 1% and then gradually ramp it up to 25% over a period of a few weeks.
Great idea but what kind of curve should Ableton have on the sale ramp? Exponential or Sawtooth?

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 am

sigmoid.

announcements should be made 2 weeks prior to the opening of the sale. 2 weeks prior to the announcement, an announcement should be made, letting people know that in two weeks time a sale will be announced. The timing and content of this announcement should be made public knowledge two weeks before it is official - giving people time to decide what they will do when the announcement is made. This reporting structure should be applied to every public address by Ableton; both from now on and retrospectively to announcements they should have issued an announcement for. I think to be reasonable the retrospective application of this principle should not extend further back in time that the formation of the Ableton as a corporate entity.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 am

oddstep wrote:sigmoid.

announcements should be made 2 weeks prior to the opening of the sale. 2 weeks prior to the announcement, an announcement should be made, letting people know that in two weeks time a sale will be announced. The timing and content of this announcement should be made public knowledge two weeks before it is official - giving people time to decide what they will do when the announcement is made. This reporting structure should be applied to every public address by Ableton; both from now on and retrospectively to announcements they should have issued an announcement for. I think to be reasonable the retrospective application of this principle should not extend further back in time that the formation of the Ableton as a corporate entity.
internet 1, you 0.
please, try again.

8TROW8

Post by 8TROW8 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 am

concept_control wrote:You decided Ableton was worth full price to you at the time. You either need to be more thrifty next time and wait for a discount, or man up and take the blow.
Are you out of your mind?

Wait for a discount? I purchased Ableton when I needed it, why would I ever sit and wait until a discount appears....

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 pm

CareyLetendre wrote:
Ben_Binary wrote:
CareyLetendre wrote:
I guess Ableton should let everyone know a week ahead of time when they are going to have a big sale.

:roll:
and companies never know they are going to have a 25% off sale in advance... it just happens randomly. 8O
Missing the point entirely.

How many copies would they sell if they telegraphed a sale a week in advance. :roll:
Yeah sales are never advertised in advance :roll:

I just think its normal to be disappointed when something better (price) comes along...
No big deal... nothing wrong with asking Ableton if they care to help you out or reward your business?

Moaning about someone being disappointed is missing the point of ... well lets just say its not very productive :wink:
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm

friend_kami wrote:
oddstep wrote:sigmoid.

internet 1, you 0.
please, try again.
:wink:

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:31 pm

i bought an upgrade from live 8 to suite 8 + m4l and 3 days l8er they offer ~30%. i got a refund! thx again :-)

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 pm

8TROW8 wrote:
concept_control wrote:You decided Ableton was worth full price to you at the time. You either need to be more thrifty next time and wait for a discount, or man up and take the blow.
Are you out of your mind?

Wait for a discount? I purchased Ableton when I needed it, why would I ever sit and wait until a discount appears....
Then wtf are you complaining about? :roll:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 pm

i just want to say for the record: Ableton is going to have a sale.