Drum Rack / Samples missing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TerryTester

Drum Rack / Samples missing

Post by TerryTester » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:28 pm

I recently got myself a new MacBookPro. I used Time Machine to transfer all files and applications from my old MacBook - which means the content on my new MacBook is a complete mirror of the old one.

Everything works perfectly. I'm able to load all of my existing Ableton Live sets - except for the ones where samples are placed in Drum Racks!

I have used the "collect all and save" option when saving the sets, so all samples should be contained within each set, right? No samples have shifted paths - they're in exactly the same folders as always - but Ableton is still unable to locate them?! And yes, I have tried the "locate samples" option. Is there another option?

Please help me - this is driving me absolutely nuts!

ze2be

Re: Drum Rack / Samples missing

Post by ze2be » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 pm

I never trust collect and save from the menu. I do it manualy, from the same menu: manage files. Then on the pop up right side menu: manage set; locate samples, collect into project. Save!

But there are ocations when I move perfectly collected projects between PCs, and it still lose the sample link. In that case, do a search in the project folder with manage files. And it usualy find them pretty fast.

interpolate

Re: Drum Rack / Samples missing

Post by interpolate » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Usually Ableton will auto find my missing samples and correct them, however I notice they can get confused if they find the same sample in two different locations. In that instance, you have to go into the file manager and manually pick which one to use (although at that point, it most likely doesn't matter).
Ableton Suite 8 & Max4Live