insane activation policy

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jestermgee

Re: insane activation policy

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:17 am

I can understand when software stops working for a user it's a pain and you can hate everything about it. But I have to side with everyone else here so far that it's not all bad. I just took the 25% discount offer for suite from the LP edition and I had bought Ableton, installed the suite data and registered with all working in my name within minutes. I bought the boxed version because I like to have a hard copy and have been using Ableton full for the last week while I wait for my discs.

I actually wrote to Ableton customer care to express how pleased I was to have this working so easily (was a little drunk and excited) but all the same I don't think they hear that enough as most thread starters are always about how disappointed they are with this or that or there's a feature we need etc etc.

I do agree that not having a dongle is heaven! I have enough crap plugged into my machine as it is and who wants to do a gig with dongles hanging out all over the shop ready to snap.

wascal

Post by wascal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:02 am

Pyro Z wrote:I have needed more unlocks many times before and Ableton has provided a ridiculous amount of them to me, never asking for more money.
Same here - I reinstall my OS every 6 weeks or so and have never had a problem getting more unlocks, usually within 24 hours of asking for them.
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 am

Your hard earned invensted money to the software will be in vain as soon as dissapearing of the company. C&R is epic fail system.

c33

Post by c33 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:52 pm

^this company is not disappearing, though, and anyone who thinks so is

wrong

pc999

Post by pc999 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:15 am

+1

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm

c33 wrote:^this company is not disappearing, though, and anyone who thinks so is

wrong
no, they just have an opinion.

c33

Post by c33 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 pm

UncleAge wrote:
c33 wrote:^this company is not disappearing, though, and anyone who thinks so is

wrong
Exactly :) And my opinion is that the notion that Ableton is going out of business anytime soon--or that they would somehow disappear, pull an Enron and completely screw this software and all the people who use it over--is ridiculous. I understand that at the end of the day this is a business and these are their products. But I also think it's more than just a product and that the people who've created and worked so hard on it all these years truly care about it and would never just kill it like that.

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

c33 wrote:
UncleAge wrote:

wrong
Exactly :) And my opinion is that the notion that Ableton is going out of business anytime soon--or that they would somehow disappear, pull an Enron and completely screw this software and all the people who use it over--is ridiculous. I understand that at the end of the day this is a business and these are their products. But I also think it's more than just a product and that the people who've created and worked so hard on it all these years truly care about it and would never just kill it like that.
sometimes things just happen. it's not that the idea is ridiculous, it's that sometimes life happens and things go bye-bye. all of a sudden. and there usually isn't any notice of any kind. because like you state - "the people who've created and worked so hard on it all these years truly care about it" - and they will probably hang to it like grim death before conceding the show is over.

don't get me wrong, i think the overwhelming majority of us wish the abes well and hope for their continued success. but don't be fooled, it's a product and ableton is a business. those are just facts. how you feel about those facts is entirely up to you. but that doesn't change the facts.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm