Recognizing Live in a song

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rabalder

Re: Recognizing Live in a song

Post by Rabalder » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:05 pm

bartend7 wrote:you really hear it on the radio so much you decided to post about it? can you name 3 songs on the radio at the moment that backs up this claim? challenged!
I dont tend to memorize specific songs that contain stuff I dont really like, but Im hearing one right now..

Shulman OMG[edit] Random Thoughts.

The intro has an untweaked preset taken from a reaktor synth. Dont remember which one, but its unmistakable..

stallos

Post by stallos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm

call the preset police! :D

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Shulman is hereby found guilty of using Reaktor Kaleidon preset 9 - Lurker.
Bail set at $1.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 pm

but guess what you finger pointing pricks NO ONE DOES THAT! no one even learns how to program a synth with out pissing around with the presets! most people dont even buy a synth with out messing with the presets!
I think my favorite thing about the 6-weeks of beta-testing-free-trial that I spent with DIVA was that it had no presets and forced me to actually use the tools available to create things from the ground up, rather than pulling up a patch from someone else and trying to reverse engineer it.

It actually inspired me to go back into my most-used VSTs and try starting from scratch with them in a new way. And I wouldn't say I'm a preset-junkie by any means, but when you don't have ANYthing to start from, it really does give you a new appreciation for what your toolset is capable of.