Logic Pro 9 for $199. Futher pressure to lower prices?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pc999

Re: Logic Pro 9 for $199. Futher pressure to lower prices?

Post by pc999 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Great price, I hope others see it.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

esky wrote:
Unfortunately you can't compare PT market and Logic market. The former is for complete production studio, the latter is for pre production.
So it means the latter is for general comsumer, not for the pros who all are considering and need to work in full production studio in their work. You can't compare them. Each are tottaly different market. The price tag is the self-explanation.
Complete nonsense...
+1

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 am

Tarekith wrote:I'd assume this is the new price.
It's a reasonable assumption. Apple *never* do special introductory prices (unless you count the first MacBook Air, which dropped a full third in price the first time it got cheaper ;).

For those wondering:
You can't resell Mac App Store software, either. There's no way to transfer, and apps are tied to one account. You *could* cheat and have an account per app, but that gets very messy quickly. They might also figure that out and disable your account(s). At least you have practically unlimited installations of anything you buy on that store.

I've submitted a feature request for the store to Apple, like many other developers, and more keep doing that. History so far shows they are relatively responsive to things like that. A few iOS developers I know with somewhat successful apps have also gotten some cryptic responses back which could be interpreted as Apple working on allowing software to have paid upgrades. It just seems weird if they expect people to buy a whole new app when a major release is out.