Ableton has weak output..truth?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stringtapper

Re: Ableton has weak output..truth?

Post by stringtapper » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Yes Ableton's output is weak.

After all they haven't released a new version in 3 years. :x
Unsound Designer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 am

BURN!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

0n

Post by 0n » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 am

You're saying you've worked through each and every aspect of version 8?

Why fix something not broken?

I don't get what you actually want Live to do? Cook for you?

Why rush updates? Should they be bringing out a whole new version every 6 months like Pro Tools?

heppareppana

Post by heppareppana » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:11 am

I am convinced that ableton does something when doing a master render, no matter what internet forums tell me.
but! I got Reaper for 40e or something to do final mix, and now all my problems are gone.

if one feels that ableton is lacking something, there are cheap ways to go around it. There is no need to limit yourself to a one single daw, now that they cost a fraction of what they used to.

also, music is art. Don't let tech specs guide you but your gut feel and intuition.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:20 pm

spr1000 wrote:It seems some comrades of mine argue that when rendering their music, pro tools or logic provides a better sound on the final bounce,but have not provided any factual proof. Has anyone ever did a comparison with let's say Pro Tools when doing a final master? Was there any difference? Discuss.
It sounds a little thin when compared to other DAW's. Though this can easily be fixed if you have iTunes Match. Just upload it to iCloud then download it back as fully mixed and mastered with higher bitrate when available.

STRATEGY

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:37 pm

STRATEGY_510 wrote:
Just upload it to iCloud then download it back as fully mixed and mastered with higher bitrate when available.

STRATEGY
i assume you're not serious. iTunes Match does not mix and master your tracks for you. All it does is convert them into a higher bit rate mp3, which won't add any audio quality if the original was a lower bit rate as the damage would already have been done.

newboss

Post by newboss » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:37 pm

heppareppana wrote:I am convinced that ableton does something when doing a master render, no matter what internet forums tell me.
but! I got Reaper for 40e or something to do final mix, and now all my problems are gone.

if one feels that ableton is lacking something, there are cheap ways to go around it. There is no need to limit yourself to a one single daw, now that they cost a fraction of what they used to.

also, music is art. Don't let tech specs guide you but your gut feel and intuition.

Wouldnt it be better if ableton would just improve the sound quality?
Than people wouldnt need to even think about dealing with 2 DAW´s