M-audio Keystation 61?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
robbieboy

M-audio Keystation 61?

Post by robbieboy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:56 am

Hey guys, I'm wanting to buy a new midi keyboard pretty soon and I would like to know if any of u own or have used the M-audio Keystation 61. I would like to know how it performs under XP, the feel of the keyboard and if there are any latency problems or others. The availability of midi controllers is very limited in my country, therefore it must be an M-audio model. I was also considering the Radium 61, but it's double price as the Keystation and i'm not worried about the knobs. Besides, the Keystation 61 is semi-weighted, which I suppose should have a much better feeling than the Radium 61, which I know it has flimsy keys. I'm hoping to buy the keyboard next week so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

puntxo

keystation 49 opinion (similar model)

Post by puntxo » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:10 am

I've bought Keystation 49e just a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. The installation in Windows XP is very easy (you only need to plug) and Live detects it automatically and the keys response is very good. There is no latency because of the keyboard.

I'm not an expert but it's obvious that the keyboard is made of cheap plastic and does not feel like a piano but I think you can't get any other keyboard with this number of keys, and features for the price it costs.