Korg nanoKontrol 2 custom MIDI Remote Script

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ojd

Re: Korg nanoKontrol 2 custom MIDI Remote Script

Post by Ojd » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm

any ideas how to combine mixer (level, pan , send a b c) and eq functionality?
I think eq is integral part of the workflow (May be 2 knob lo-hi, 3 knob lo-mid-hi or 4 knob lo-mid-midfreq-hi)
I wish live would be as easy to control as my Tascam 414 :cry:

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

Good news ! A fellow french guy published decompyled versions of the Ableton Live 9 Remote Scripts, so I will soon modify the Ableton 9 MackieControl script to have the same modifications as before (because, I'm sure that like me, you're going crazy with the nanoKontrol 2 behavior being back to normal...)
Now it might not be anytime soon, since like I said, I lost the old sources and I did this more than a year ago. And I only do python when altering live remote scripts... And I have a lot of work and few time.
I'd say, give me a month and it should be done (but it could well be done by next weekend)
Ojd wrote:any ideas how to combine mixer (level, pan , send a b c) and eq functionality?
I think eq is integral part of the workflow (May be 2 knob lo-hi, 3 knob lo-mid-hi or 4 knob lo-mid-midfreq-hi)
I wish live would be as easy to control as my Tascam 414 :cry:
This is a bit tricky since the EQ-3 is a separate plugin and not part of the stock mixer in Ableton. The only way to do that is to manually map the midi parameters, or maybe it is possible with some Max 4 Live (but I don't know anything about that)

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 am

I'd be interested in seeing the python code to delve into it. I've done other scripting for work in the past (korn shell, c shell, bash, perl) and have my Python book. If it's commented enough I may be able to assist with this stuff down the road.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:I'd be interested in seeing the python code to delve into it. I've done other scripting for work in the past (korn shell, c shell, bash, perl) and have my Python book. If it's commented enough I may be able to assist with this stuff down the road.

Mike
I'll post the sources soon enough. I've been trying to port my script to the new MackieControl one (by looking at a diff of each file and modifying what needs to be), but somehow I can't seem to get everything working... The only thing I managed doing without breaking anything is reversing the Mute led behavior... Mind you, it was just putting a "not" in a test, so I'd be very worried if that did not work :D

Replacing Pan by Send parameters does not work, it goes into an assert error in the function that's supposed to display something on the led screens of the real Mackie. So I removed that function, and it's still not working. I have no clue what's going on, since that function is not new and was here in Live 8 (and 7 even, since my old script was based on a script from Live 7), and never made the script crash. Turning the pan/send knob then goes into another assert that it should not, in handle_vpot_rotation, saying that "in every other mode, the midimap should handle the messages".

The blinking leds when switching don't work either, and browsing through the tracks is broken too. So all in all, nothing is working properly, and the only thing I've achieved in the evening is making a script with inverted mute leds. I'm a bit bummed :/

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 pm

SBRK, your script is great, but i also think its a little limited.

So I wrote my own script for this baby for Live 8, it has 4 modes with 8x3 session, sends, lock to devices, device on/off, device knobs and some other cool stuff. I want to port it to 9, is there any good "source" about the 9 framework like the remotescripts.blogspot.pt yet?

I will post my version for 8 soon, just smoothing it :)

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 pm

dynamiiic wrote:SBRK, your script is great, but i also think its a little limited.

So I wrote my own script for this baby for Live 8, it has 4 modes with 8x3 session, sends, lock to devices, device on/off, device knobs and some other cool stuff. I want to port it to 9, is there any good "source" about the 9 framework like the remotescripts.blogspot.pt yet?

I will post my version for 8 soon, just smoothing it :)
try this : http://julienbayle.net/ableton-live-9-m ... e-scripts/

I'd be glad to try and help with your script, since I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do with mine. Is it also based on the MackieControl script ?

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 pm

SBRK wrote:try this : http://julienbayle.net/ableton-live-9-m ... e-scripts/

I'd be glad to try and help with your script, since I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do with mine. Is it also based on the MackieControl script ?
No it's not, i started from the scratch like Hanz did the with FCB1020 script. I chose the features i wanted on it and based on scripts from other controllers i wrote it. I tried to port it to 9 but i got some "dependency errors" that i couldn't solve, this weekend i tried again and it's already working :D Just killing some known bugs and I'll put them out here.

I'll give you an overview on what i does:

It loads in a default or initial mode and there are 3 modes buttons:
- STOP: Shift Mode
- PLAY: Alt Mode
- RECORD: Ctrl Mode
This buttons are toggle buttons. Press one of them to enter that mode, pressing again will deactivate it and return to the initial mode. If you have one mode active and press other mode button, simply it deactivates the first and activates the second.

OVERVIEW ON MODES:

- DEFAULT MODE:
- Track Nav - Session left/right
- Rewind, Forward - Session up/down
- Marker Left, Right - Send up/down
- Cycle, Set Marker - Does nothing
- Faders - Session tracks volume
- Knobs - Session tracks send A (Assignable with marker left/right to the other sends)
- Solo, Arm, Mute - Session Clip Launch Matrix 8x3

- SHIFT MODE:
- Track Nav - Same as in default mode
- Rewind, Forward - Same as in default mode
- Marker Left, Right - Same as in default mode
- Faders - Same as in default mode
- Knobs - Same as in default mode
- Solo, Arm, Mute - Solo, Arm and Mute for the Session controlled tracks

- ALT MODE:
- Marker Left, Right - Same as in default mode
- Knobs - Same as in default mode
- Solo - Resets the value of the current send for the Session controlled tracks
- Mute - Select track for the Session controlled tracks
- Arm - Stop button for the Session controlled tracks

- CTRL MODE:
- Marker Left, Right - Device left/right
- Cycle - Device turn on/off
- Set Marker - Device lock/unlock
- Knobs - Controls 8 knobs on a selected device
- Solo - Clip/Device view for the Session controlled tracks
- Mute - The 3 first Mute buttons are assigned to the 3 scene launch, the rest unassigned (Ideas are welcome)
- Arm 1 - Stop
- Arm 2 - Play
- Arm 3 - Record
- Arm 4 - Global Quantization
- Arm 5 - Tempo Down
- Arm 6 - Tempo Up
- Arm 7 - Metronome
- Arm 8 - Stop All Clips

Suggestions and ideas are welcomed :roll:

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:12 pm

- Arm 1 - Stop
- Arm 2 - Play
- Arm 3 - Record
- Arm 5 - Tempo Down
- Arm 6 - Tempo Up
- Arm 7 - Metronome
- Arm 8 - Stop All Clips
why put play/stop/record button while there are already these buttons on the left ?

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 am

SBRK wrote:
- Arm 1 - Stop
- Arm 2 - Play
- Arm 3 - Record
- Arm 5 - Tempo Down
- Arm 6 - Tempo Up
- Arm 7 - Metronome
- Arm 8 - Stop All Clips
why put play/stop/record button while there are already these buttons on the left ?
It was an option of mine, initially i wasn't to use any Transport buttons at all but there were unassigned buttons on the matrix in the ctrl mode so i decided to add them.
I could be using "Cycle" or "Set Marker" for modes, but this won't let me going from the first to the third mode for example. So my left side is all about session navigation and modes!

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 am

My script, check it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193316

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 am

I really like SBRK script very much, unfortunately it doesn't fully work with ableton live9.
I can also programm some python so I could also modify the scripts if I would get the source :)

Best

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Thu May 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Wallace wrote:I really like SBRK script very much, unfortunately it doesn't fully work with ableton live9.
I can also programm some python so I could also modify the scripts if I would get the source :)

Best
Use Uncompyle2, that's what I used to decompile several scripts. This also has the ability to target a folder and decompile all sources in that folder.

onefootskanka

Post by onefootskanka » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Has anyone got the SBRK mackie control script with sends working? (with Live 9)
Dynamiic - yours is cool, but would like the transport buttons to work properly!
Thanks

etana

Post by etana » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks for the template!!

elseano

Post by elseano » Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 pm

how do you edit the python script?

I just want to make the pan pots work for device control (blue hand) instead is this easy to do? and if so can anyone tell me how to do it?