how do you make a copy to a cd that works

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
floridartist

Re: how do you make a copy to a cd that works

Post by floridartist » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello, thank you for the complements, it was strange that at my 53 year old life, it was the first time I ever in my life sung with my guitar in front of anyone, I guess it took the inspiration of a river in which we, over here in my neck of the woods, want to save from the bottling plants and towns that want to divert the water away. But what I am really supposed to do is paint, I am an artist, and I do paintings of the rivers of Florida, check it out www.paintingsofflorida.com, my paintings and my song is found there, now that this music thing is taking off, its another flavor to top off the art, I am hoping after I get this recording stuff figured out, I'll keep going along with this added journey of life, its no telling what anyone can do, at anytime in life, there is always time to learn more, even if your an old timer like me, Merry Christmas
John

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Lovely paintings as well mate :-)
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

ollyb303 wrote:Lovely paintings as well mate :-)
Yeah, nice to see a multitalented dude with some focused inspiration here that isn’t based around emulating the hot genre of the moment.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

beats me wrote:
ollyb303 wrote:Lovely paintings as well mate :-)
Yeah, nice to see a multitalented dude with some focused inspiration here that isn’t based around emulating the hot genre of the moment.
Amen to that!

you go John and don't let forum humor deter you. it's usually meant in good fun. :P

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah we can be a bit like that when faced with an endless barrage of the same pointless posts, but it's great to have a new user with genuine talent and humility on the forum.

Nice to meet you John, you are just what this forum needs.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I would say his paintings could benefit from some sidechaining though. :P

:x

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:51 pm

The paintings are amazing..Love the color choices.

floridartist

Post by floridartist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 am

I never did get to learn how to make a CD with the recordings I did, The big problem I just went thru, as with my FCA202 Firewire audio interface,(Behrenger) I think it fried out my hard drive on my computer, seems as there was no way to turn the interface off unless I unplugged it, so so every time I uplugged the firewire, poof, A flash, then the computer would force a shut down, next thing I know, warnings came up saying, back everything up, the hard drive is about to die, well, its now a month later and, yep, it died. So I installed a new upgrade 1 TB hard drive, and its alive again, but I am very leary about plugging in that Behringer interface again, anyone have any ideas how I should deal with my firewire, and interface hookup, it seems kind of touchy to me, I might have been better off to get a portable CD recorder with a built in interface, I dont know for sure, but I will wait to see if anyone has an idea out there for me, hey, thanks, John

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 am

floridartist wrote:I never did get to learn how to make a CD with the recordings I did, The big problem I just went thru, as with my FCA202 Firewire audio interface,(Behrenger) I think it fried out my hard drive on my computer, seems as there was no way to turn the interface off unless I unplugged it, so so every time I uplugged the firewire, poof, A flash, then the computer would force a shut down, next thing I know, warnings came up saying, back everything up, the hard drive is about to die, well, its now a month later and, yep, it died. So I installed a new upgrade 1 TB hard drive, and its alive again, but I am very leary about plugging in that Behringer interface again, anyone have any ideas how I should deal with my firewire, and interface hookup, it seems kind of touchy to me, I might have been better off to get a portable CD recorder with a built in interface, I dont know for sure, but I will wait to see if anyone has an idea out there for me, hey, thanks, John
hi john - you do have a great voice - you could do Johnny Cash justice!

Yes you need to be really careful with firewire - at least with the older FW400 which I guess your interface is if you got Live 4 with it - probably been on the shelf for a while!

Best thing is to never plug or unplug it when the computer is on - shut down, plug in, restart. I know this is a pain, but unfortunately there was a problem with the older firewire that could damage computers. They fixed it with the newer one (FW800) but that doesn't help you.