Will be nice to purchase a track download with ASD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LiveLong

Will be nice to purchase a track download with ASD

Post by LiveLong » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:15 am

Any one connected to the online download stores here?

Who will be the first?

RePeter

Post by RePeter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:31 pm

i posted a poll about this a little while ago about this but didnt get much of a reply.
i also e-mailed some of my fav record labels (finger lickin', kilowatt etc) saying that i convert all their tracks to lives format anyway, if they want to distribute it i can do the warping for them (free of charge if a got a copy of the new releases)
havnt had any replies yet, i guess its a bit early in the day for all this, but it cant be far off.
MBP 2.4 & a shit load of Faderfoxes!

czechchap

Post by czechchap » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:46 pm

but why? it only takes a few seconds for live to create it's own asd file.
computer (small), musical instruments (many), cables(multicoloured), monitors (two, loud).

RePeter

Post by RePeter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:34 pm

not just the als file, also the track warped, which live cant do for itself. i was also think of having ready made loops from each track.
one problem i have with live is that it takes up to 15 minutes to rip a tune off cd, warp it then render some useful loops and finally go through and colour code and name all those loops so i can remember what they sound like. by the time you have done all that after a days work its bed time and you havnt had a chance to actually practise with them.
say you go out and buy 20 tunes at once (which is quite a modest amount for most djs) your gonna be sat there for 4 hours at least before you can properly start to jam with your tunes.
if the tunes came already warped, with some useful loops (eg intros, basic main sections, breakdown etc) you could start as soon as the tunes had been ripped to your hard drive.
MBP 2.4 & a shit load of Faderfoxes!

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:04 am

[quote="RePeter"]one problem i have with live is that it takes up to 15 minutes to rip a tune off cd, warp it then render some useful loops and finally go through and colour code and name all those loops so i can remember what they sound like. by the time you have done all that after a days work its bed time and you havnt had a chance to actually practise with them.

There is no better way to discribe the situation, warp, colors, render, and remember that shit tomorrow...
What I do now is practice on setting the loops on the fly, bring the track again (another clip)), DBLclick-TYPE-LoopLenth in the clip info,color if you want, arrows to move the loop, and play. I think once I do that fast enough, it is better than saving many clips from the same track. I can NOT find any good way to sort my files like records.
Also duplicate the clip you just looped (if you want tnother one from the track), and run the loop with the arrows to another location, trim... I am looking for a fast intuitive method.

Do you import tracks from CD's w/live? Never tried that 8O

About the whole asd idea, I am not sure now 8O , all the lazy ballscratcher DJ's gettin asd's? :wink: