play marker/cursor doesn't match audio!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Smellhound

play marker/cursor doesn't match audio!

Post by Smellhound » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 pm

I have been a daily user of Live for about 5 years. I've occasionally experienced the problem of the audio being behind the visual play marker but usually only when using a slow computer or non-ASIO soundcard. However I just built a new system (Win 7 64-pro, i7 quad, 8 gb ram) so I was surprised to experience it over the past couple days when trying to warp long files -- what's odd is that the play marker doesn't stay consistently ahead... when starting the warping process, the play marker will sometimes be several measures in front of where I start playback from. There is no lag in the audio after pressing play, and considering the projects I'm working on are staying under 5% CPU usage, I have to believe it's a bug. This is very frustrating. Anyone know what is going on?

simpli.cissimus

Re: play marker/cursor doesn't match audio!

Post by simpli.cissimus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 pm

...never did...! :roll:
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

Smellhound

Post by Smellhound » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Maybe for you, but this a rare experience for me...maybe you misunderstood my description. Does anyone have any helpful remarks?

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:18 am

Have you made any windows 'performance' tweaks lately? Turning certain things off or to a lower performance mode can cause graphical inaccuracy in Live from my experience.

invol

Post by invol » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:29 am

Is Delay Compensation on? Do you have any plugs that would cause a lot of latency for the PDC to deal with?

eportal

Post by eportal » Fri May 07, 2021 2:00 am

Smellhound wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 pm
I have been a daily user of Live for about 5 years. I've occasionally experienced the problem of the audio being behind the visual play marker but usually only when using a slow computer or non-ASIO soundcard. However I just built a new system (Win 7 64-pro, i7 quad, 8 gb ram) so I was surprised to experience it over the past couple days when trying to warp long files -- what's odd is that the play marker doesn't stay consistently ahead... when starting the warping process, the play marker will sometimes be several measures in front of where I start playback from. There is no lag in the audio after pressing play, and considering the projects I'm working on are staying under 5% CPU usage, I have to believe it's a bug. This is very frustrating. Anyone know what is going on?
I have also experienced this issue recently after many years of never seeing this happen. But I think Donnie’s suggestion about checking the performance mode might just work. I’m gonna check it out tomorrow to see what gives. I am working on very decent P50 with intel xeon and 64 gb of ram.