Can I some how use multiple audio inputs in live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Aweeeezy

Can I some how use multiple audio inputs in live?

Post by Aweeeezy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:47 am

I've got this korg kaoss pad that I want to have set up as a kind of send effect so that I can independently channel different groups of sounds through it.

If I create a send track with it's output set to, say, output 5 of my audio interface (presonus firepod) then I must input the signal coming from the kaoss pad back into the firepod. My problem is that I can't set the Ableton return tracks's input to, say, input 1 of the firepod because Ableton's audio input is soundflower (Maschine is sending it's outputs to a group of tracks inside of Ableton using soundflower).

I've got two ideas as to how to work around this problem:
1) Some how assign one of soundflower's inputs to receive audio from the firepod and then output that via one of soundflower's outputs to the input of a return track, however, I don't imagine this being feasible
2) Turn the Input/Output mix knob on the firepod to 50% so that the input from the kaoss is evenly mixed with the output of Ableton, but I feel like this is susceptible to inconsistency and unwanted noise.

Any ideas?

Yoseph

Re: Can I some how use multiple audio inputs in live?

Post by Yoseph » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Your firepod inputs are being rendered useless by maschine. You need to figure out a way to run maschine into ableton without using soundflower. You can rewire Reason into ableton using it's native buses; you may be able to do this with maschine also. It looks like this.